Sign in to follow this  
RobShaw

Receiving.... and wait for server

Problem One

Hello, On Operation Flashpoint Resistance, When Playing Certain Maps, It Always Gets To The Receiving Part In Between 'Receiving Mission File' And 'Receiving Data...'. The Progress Bar Finishes Underneath, But Then Stops...

Some Peope Say It Is My RAM.. SOme Others Say It Is Map Error, Some Say It Is Patch Problem And Some Even Say It Is Virus On Computer..

AnyOne Have The Same Thing Or Know WHat It Is???

Problem Two

When I Join the Server It Stalls And Takes Very Long Time To Get Into The Client Setup. Not Only Does THis Happen On Resistance, But Also With COld War Crisis. By The Time It Does Load Up And Get Into Game, They Have Already Gone.

I Have THough About It ANd I kNow My Connection Is Bad, But That Has Nothing To Do With THe Fact Of It Taking This Long, It Takes The Piss. It Never Used To Happen But Does All Of A Sudden.

Anyone Know How To Deal With This.???

I Have Already Tried :

Reinstallation of EVERYTHING

Virus Scan

Please No Smart Comments, And Im trying To Avoid Formatting My C: Drive.

All The Best

Robert

Well it would have helped if you'd said what your connection was but using my psychic powers I'm thinking NTL dialup? smile.gif

Would help to post your system specs, also are you using a router or firewall or such like? If so search the FAQ for firewall.

Your Making Me Feel This Big <--->.

Not A Very Good Computer:

I Have Freeserve Dial Up, Im Actually On A Different Computer Smartie Pants. Freeserve is not good...

I Am Not Using FireWall.

My RAM Is Low 128mb, 500 MGHZ, Thats all u need to know really?

Voodoo 3 Graphics Card, ANything Else?

Yeah ANd I Dont Want Funny Remarks, I Have Had Every Joke Thrown At Me Already, About The Hampster Modem etc.... I Have Excuses. Okay

All The Best

ROb