Xy.

Offline gaming

Question

As you know, steam works offline,

that means, steam games do run while offline. unless needed for MP playing. (duh!)

Now, what is your (BI) explanation about we customers who bought the game cannot play while offline ??

do you have a partnership with starlink for remote customers ?

you cutoff the "family" system of steam, fine, but no offline gaming, is kinda ...senseless.

Of course, answering "it is our decision blabla" is not an answer but just a universal fact used as a generic answer ...

What is the reason that led you to not let the customers play if they don't have internet right that moment ?

2 answers to this question

Yeah, some game executables don't even require Steam to run, Baldur's Gate 3 for recent example and it's super successful. However, can you elaborate on that a bit more? Because in this reddit thread people are saying you can indeed run the game without internet connection. If that is the case, what does the game offer without one is then also a question I suppose.

P.S.: I'm not sure Q&A section was meant for these types of questions though, maybe move this to general discussion? You can report your own thread in top right corner of OP if you concur and admins should see it at some point.

I think they are talking about solo game mode, but I will give it a try !

well, playing on a (secured)lan for example, or just be able to play, locally (lan or solo) while you don't have internet.