Starcasm

[Linux] Mods Not Working/Mod Mismatch/No Role Assignment

Hello,

My friend is currently using Linux and they've had an incredibly hard time playing a server with RHS mods.

When joining the server directly from the game, they're met with the main menu background image, the chat log from the server and NO Role Assignment menu. Pressing Enter, which would usually hit the OK button boots them back to Main Menu.

When moused over the server it says "Mods on client and server don't match (different mods or their versions)

When using the standard launcher and trying to access the server, the server shows an orange dot 'Partial data mismatch', additionally instead of the mods number being green, they're all counted on the red as missing.

Joining the server through the launcher regardless of warnings launches the game, then crashes with 0x00000003 - STATUS_WAIT_3.

After creating a server myself, unmodded, they could join without problems.

Mods have both been downloaded through launcher and exclusively through Steam and we have also tried playing with all instructions from this link.

With that, using the unix launcher has not fixed anything either.

Any ideas on how we can fix this and start playing?

We've recently tried to use a symlink folder and launch commands to overcome this problem and try to get the game to access the workshop mods.

A folder was created in the arma 3 directory called Mods symlinked to the \SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\107410 (not word for word I gave the windows version in this example)

Then in the workshop folder we have our mods in folders 843425103, 843577117, 843593391 and 843632231.

We're not entirely sure how symlinks worked but we noticed any time the launch options are mentioned, there's an @ symbol, so we tried to follow suit to see if it made a difference.

We set the launch options as:

-mod="@Mods/843425103";"@Mods/843577117";"@Mods/843593391";"@Mods/843632231"

This did not work, so since we're not sure of the purpose of the @ we tried:

-mod="Mods/843425103";"Mods/843577117";"Mods/843593391";"Mods/843632231"

Still no luck.