IJA_Officer

Arma 2 OA "the cloud file provider is not running"

Today while playing my Arma 2 OA have crashed and while trying to start it again it fails and shows "the cloud file provider is not running". I can't find any solutions. I tried reinstalling th egame and verifing integrity of game files. I'm using steam, with only "Over the Top"  mod. It crashed in main menu.

Actually, that is not a problem with ArmA2, it is a problem that you have with OneDrive, it is likely that OneDrive is interfering with your user folder or the documents folder, since inside are the ArmA2 folders where the configurations and recorded games are saved. , etc etc.

So try doing this, add this option

-profiles=C:\ArmAProfiles

This will cause the profiles to be created on the C drive in the ArmAProfiles folder

If it works, it means that OneDrive is actually causing the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dalber24 said:

Actually, that is not a problem with ArmA2, it is a problem that you have with OneDrive, it is likely that OneDrive is interfering with your user folder or the documents folder, since inside are the ArmA2 folders where the configurations and recorded games are saved. , etc etc.

So try doing this, add this option

-profiles=C:\ArmAProfiles

This will cause the profiles to be created on the C drive in the ArmAProfiles folder

If it works, it means that OneDrive is actually causing the problem.

I'm sorry but where i have to add this option?

4 hours ago, IJA_Officer said:

I'm sorry but where i have to add this option? 

It all depends on what you use to run the game, whether you run it with a launcher, a bat or directly from Steam.

If you run it directly from Steam, you just right click on the game, click on properties, in the window that opens in general you will see that it says LAUNCH OPTIONS, there you paste that code

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 10:09 PM, dalber24 said:

It all depends on what you use to run the game, whether you run it with a launcher, a bat or directly from Steam.

If you run it directly from Steam, you just right click on the game, click on properties, in the window that opens in general you will see that it says LAUNCH OPTIONS, there you paste that code

It works, thank you a lot!