Does anyone know where I can find the Scenarios Folder for Arma 3 on the M1 Mac? Is it even possible to import custom missions there, or is the game going to ignore any files I add to the Scenarios Folder?

7 hours ago, johnweaver said:

Scenarios Folder

Are you referring to where you put finished missions you downloaded OR are you looking for the editor's scenario folder (where missions you are working on are stored)? 

Not very familiar with mac so no idea on the former (nor is this the right subforum to ask) but the later should in theory be accessible through the editor > top-left menu > Open scenario folder.

1 hour ago, mrcurry said:

Are you referring to where you put finished missions you downloaded OR are you looking for the editor's scenario folder (where missions you are working on are stored)? 

Not very familiar with mac so no idea on the former (nor is this the right subforum to ask) but the later should in theory be accessible through the editor > top-left menu > Open scenario folder.

I would say both. Even if I did download a mission or an incomplete mission to work on, I wouldn't know where to put them on the M1 Mac to get Arma 3 to read them. This issue already exists with mods except it can be bypassed with custom launch options through Steam for now. The Steam version of Arma 3 has 2 launchers: A standard Arma 3 game launcher and an experimental Apple Silicon M1 Mac Arma 3 game launcher. I have tried to figure this out using both launchers, but I still haven't figured this out yet. I've also tried the latter you mentioned and it does open up the scenarios folder, but my question is where is this folder on the Mac and how can I navigate to it if I wanted to edit or import an incomplete mission (that I didn't work on using the M1 Mac) for use in the editor?

I don't have it installed on my Mac, but I think it was somewhere below ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps. You can also use the Terminal with the find command for an command line interface to locate a specific steamid 😉

I have the same problem. I can't use scripts in my missions, because there aren't any folders where to put them. I spent several hundred hours editing and modding on windows, so I know how to do all that - but I just can't find those files/folders anywhere... please help

On 9/13/2023 at 12:37 PM, TeTeT said:

I don't have it installed on my Mac, but I think it was somewhere below ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps. You can also use the Terminal with the find command for an command line interface to locate a specific steamid 😉

you are right. .it should be there..but it isn´t. also the "show scenario folder" doesn´t work. I started several threads on this, but no answers. Bohemia itself sadly doesn´t answer questions.. any ideas?

39 minutes ago, RickB. said:

you are right. .it should be there..but it isn´t. also the "show scenario folder" doesn´t work. I started several threads on this, but no answers. Bohemia itself sadly doesn´t answer questions.. any ideas?

Open your Eden, save a mission, name it something unique (RickBMissionTest for example). Then open the Terminal of Mac OS X and search this folder via

find ~/ -iname RickBMissionTest 2>/dev/null

The terminal should show the folder where to find RickBMissionTest. 

Edited by TeTeT
typo

On 9/12/2023 at 9:46 PM, johnweaver said:

Does anyone know where I can find the Scenarios Folder for Arma 3 on the M1 Mac? Is it even possible to import custom missions there, or is the game going to ignore any files I add to the Scenarios Folder?

thanks to everyone. the following information by BIS Support did the trick:

Exported missions from Editor

/Users/macuser/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3/Missions /Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3/MPMissions

Editor Saves: Default Profile, automatically created by Arma: /Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/com.vpltd.Arma3/GameDocuments/Arma 3/missions

Custom Profile:

/Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/Library/Application Support/com.vpltd.Arma3/GameDocuments/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/(ProfileName)Saves/missions

-> the library folder is usually hidden.. it can be made visible by pressing shift - command - "." period 

I would have never found the com.vpltd.arma3 folder by myself...