Sign in to follow this  
Pathogenex

Custom particle Sprite Sheets.

Greetings humans,
I am looking to make some custom spritesheets for particles in a map i am making.

Can someone please explain how i reference an object and its mod path inside config.cpp to point to the correct file.
From what i've learnt over the past few hours particles cannot just be a texture file and must instead be incoporated into a 2d plane in object builder.
I have setup a small test folder and created the p3d file and setup the config.cpp but i am having trouble working out how to refernce the file path from the mod to the file.

At the moment i can see the particle "PFX_SmokeyP" inside cfgcloudlets in cfgviewer but it wont open the p3d file which i assume is because i have the path wrong/

What i know - All particles are objects. These objects are square planes with the image applied in Object Builder like this. vvv.png
Now i am clearly refencing the path to the image in my mod incorrectly. If someone can clarify the format of the texture path that would be great.

TLDR: How do i make a custom spritesheet for use in particle emitters.

I have worked out how to add custom sprites. I will post a tutorial explaining how in the future.

• Like 1