azurehoo

Windows OS on Steam Deck Impossible To play ARMA 3

0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION is all that happens when I try to load ARMA 3 on Steam Deck with windows installed. At first when I newly switched OS on Steam Deck I assumed it was just a small issue that I could look up the fix in minutes. Then (days later) I realized, this was a problem I could not fix. I've done every fix I could find. malloc on startup, update drivers, run in admin mode, 32 bit, reinstall directx, reinstall the game, verify the game files, and many more. Nothing works in both Windows 10 and Windows 11 on the Steam Deck. But when I was looking up fixes I found people having the same specific issue. It's odd because the game works perfectly on the normal Linux OS the Steam Deck comes with. I just hope someone will be able to either fix this issue or point me in the direction to someone that can because I much prefer Windows over Linux.

9 minutes ago, Harzach said:

cNs14Mr.png

i believe that's referring to playing only on the Steam Deck, (without keyboard and mouse) which I am not or perhaps other intricate things. But what I know is when I played it on default SteamOS it works perfect and even completed the entirety of the virtual missions. The problem lies with a certain issue when I changed default OS (SteamOS) to Windows OS.