Sign in to follow this  
Roman Kudryavcev

Making DAY-Z 2 (What can be better?)

Hey all. Thnx to the dev team for such an amazing game. As a creator I fully appreciate not just what you have created, but also what you have not done to destroy the game, which means your deep understanding and commitment to your own vision. You should never try to satisfy a large amount of people and what they want, because this will always destroy the purpose of creation anything of value. People is general are very keen on trends, and deep misunderstanding of what is actually better. So I appreciate how well you are operating with this game not doing so many things that could destroy it. (Recent example is a beautiful Hell Let Loose game that was acquired by a new company and being destroyed very quickly In an attempt to satisfy a larger audience).

I just want to put my 2 cents in, in regards of what I would love to see in a day-z or maybe day-z 2?

1. Maybe software update for PS5? It runs very well. But it still says it's a PS4 game in a PS store. So maybe it would work even better with some software update? You know better!

2. Do not make zombies that can open your doors! What sounds like a fun idea at first will actually ruin lots of things. I think it's an integral part of the tension, being surrounded by zombies in a house and thinking what to do next.

3. DUOS in DAY-Z. So many people want to play with friends, and even though I only play on official servers, and love the hardcore element, I don't think that having servers where you can choose to spawn together with just 1 friends would ruin it. Having dedicated servers where you can start together in one place would be great!

4. Much more different house, building and interior designs. Is it going to hit the GPU harder or just make the game longer to download? If it's not going to be harder for a GPU I personally think that getting lost in a variety of houses, different beds, carpets, tv's, would be amazing. If right now there are maybe 22 different types of village houses in day-z, why not make 120? So that every village would look so unique and different. Same with objects like coffee mugs, magazines, food, floor tiles. As far as I know - giving this job to someone, so that they could just continuously make this stuff and implement it, would make the game amazing.

5. Atmosphere little activities. Day-z for me is an amoshepere survival. So I personally want an ability to find cigarettes and smoke them. Maybe old portable cd recorders and different cd disks with music around the map, just for an ability of you know. Finding a portable speaker, battery, music disk (ask maybe some of the old bands want to be in a game for free of little payment) and just playing music for yourself in a house. 

6. Rare single zombies in forests. I find it odd, that all the zombies are just in the cities or villages. I think having a small percent chance of meeting 1 zombie somewhere in a forest would make a game little better. Imagine running at night and you meet one. Would make a game little more adventurous. 

7. Base building is extremely questionable in day-z right now. I'm playing on PS5 and have about 700 hours. I never found a base that is not already looted. It's like building is so demanding, but so useless. My 2 attempts were entirely unsuccessful. I think it's much better just to hide loot in crates in bushes now, than build. So I think this is maybe an area of exploration.

8. Any endgame things to do? Game is amazing. But eventually getting geared becomes much easier, just a question of time. And there is not much to do, but looking for other players to shoot and die. Maybe having 2 little areas with Huge zombie bosses make the game more interesting? Areas where no one would dare to go alone or with a friend. I remember my early World of Warcraft days in 2014. Having a world where you can go almost anywhere, but then there are areas where you must get together to kill someone, would make at least something to do. This feeling that there is nothing more powerful than you is pretty boring in day-z. Yes! You still have to be careful with zombies, food, infections - that's great. But what about places where you can't even go with 3 grenades and full KA loaded, because there are 50 zombies and and a huge zombie boss that can drop something super rear? Like in a factory, that you can only clear our with at least 5 people, 20 grenades and full cooperation? Boss that respawns once every 24 hours, with 50 zombies around, that would require ≈7-9 fully geared people to kill? I don't think it would hurt the game. Would just make a great place to go to on such a vast map. 

9. Dogs and cats that you cannot kill, but I want them. lol

Thank you!