Sign in to follow this  
rumpshaker007

multiplayer? where?

well, me and my lan seem to live in the middle of nowwhere cauz when I click the 'multiplayer' option in OPF, I get a blank screen with the only info 'port: 2234'. 'when I click 'remote' the IP adress is blank)

I even installed 'allseeing eye' to spot other OPF players but they are nowwhere to be seen! what's wrong?

if you have the eye, make sure all the modifiers are clicked off, then hit the recycle looking button on the top (will say Refresh server list)

then later you can select Modifiers Like NA if you want NA pings, less then 200 ping should be ok, turn of the locked servers, no sence showing them when you can't get in them, and above all that make sure to check the Version you need

Why I leave my modifiers on all the time,and never have a problem.

this just rules out that he may have the Modifiers set wrong, and then he can work his way through them

with them all turned off he should see over 300 servers, regardless of where he is

My problem is not seeing the servers. It's hosting AND seeing. I have a setting wrong somewhere which is making op flash think i have no network/i'm not on the net.

did you hit the refesh list?

untill then you will not see any servers

click on OFP on the left and check off version 1.XX (what ever version you have) b4 you hit it though

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from rumpshaker007 on 5:35 pm on Dec. 2, 2001

well, me and my lan seem to live in the middle of nowwhere cauz when I click the 'multiplayer' option in OPF, I get a blank screen with the only info 'port: 2234'. 'when I click 'remote' the IP adress is blank)

I even installed 'allseeing eye' to spot other OPF players but they are nowwhere to be seen! what's wrong?

<span id='postcolor'>

I am not sure I understand your problem decription:

What you decribe here is quite normal. If joining MP games directly from OFP, you should be able to see the list of games that were already created on LAN or you need to know IP address of the game you want to connect to.

What kind of session are you trying to join?

you said you have a LAN? do you have a firewall or internet connection sharing? those will disable the ability for you to host in most cases... but not seeing games... that's something you most likely did when choosing filters/modifiers... hope this helps a little

not true on the fire wall

this only happens in v1.26

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 2:39 pm on Dec. 3, 2001)