Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

"kos*.p3d" street type

I'd like to use that OFP:R cobblestone pavement (e.g. in Lipany) but I realized that a normal car drives very slow on it. How can I increase the speed? Is there some kind of surface.txt to edit or is this property defined inside the road models?

i think its done by the config.cpp, defining the path to a class that slows down the vehicles like farmland in ofp also does

After refering to a-lone-wolfs ofp-page, I examined the config175noe.cpp and here's what I found:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgSurfaces

{

class default

{

};

class CubeRoad

{

access=2;

files="sil_kos*";

rough=0.040000;

dust=0.150000;

soundEnviron="road";

};

class Sil_new

{

access=2;

files="sil_new*";

rough=0.005000;

dust=0.010000;

soundEnviron="road";

};

class Asfalt_New

{

access=2;

files="asf_new*";

rough=0.008000;

dust=0.025000;

soundEnviron="road";

};

class Cesta_new

{

access=2;

files="ces_hned*";

rough=0.040000;

dust=0.140000;

soundEnviron="gravel";

};

// [...some texture-definitions]

class Hallway: default

{

access=2;

files="podldlzin02*";

rough=0.120000;

dust=0.100000;

soundEnviron="hallway";

};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

There's no definition for "kos*". Anyway, I'll tell you if and how it worked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Feb. 27 2003,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's no definition for "kos*". Anyway, I'll tell you if and how it worked.<span id='postcolor'>

First entry I can see there is "sil_kos*" - perhaps this is what you are looking for?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Feb. 27 2003,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ Feb. 27 2003,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's no definition for "kos*". Anyway, I'll tell you if and how it worked.<span id='postcolor'>

First entry I can see there is "sil_kos*" - perhaps this is what you are looking for?<span id='postcolor'>

"sil_kos*"?

The cobblestone pavement parts are called "kos*" ("kos25.p3d", "kos10 50.p3d"), the highway parts are called "sil*" ("sil25.p3d", "sil10 50.p3d"). To which files refers "sil_kos*"?

I tried:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Cobblestone

{

access = 2;

files = "kos*";

rough = 0.005000;

dust = 0.010000;

soundEnviron = "road";

};

<span id='postcolor'>Nothing happened. Does the field "files" refer to the model filenames?

confused.gif

*totallyconfused*

Anyway, Greece3 is nearly finished and I avoided "CubeRoad"... wink.gif

(7500+ objects btw)