Sign in to follow this  
TacticalBacon - DayZ/Arma3

1st time scripting (need help)

Good day all!

I'm currently trying to piece together a couple of scripts for an Exile server I'm running and could use some help. I've downloaded the Arma 3 samples and browsed through to find a couple of items that interested me involving mission crate loading and unloading in and out of vehicles. This is basically how I'm looking for it to work out:

park vehicle near crate, scroll wheel on vehicle and select 'Crate Storage' (for example), dialog menu pops up showing the crates in the area with the option to load/unload.

Obviously I'd want to have it set up to where larger vehicles can carry 3-4 crates at a time and smaller vehicles like offroads and SUVs to carry only a couple.

Does this sound like a lot to do for a first script or is it more simple than I'm thinking? Any help you guys can provide me would be greatly appreciated. 

On 1/12/2023 at 7:22 AM, TacticalBacon - DayZ/Arma3 said:

Does this sound like a lot to do for a first script

It's a goal. Like any goal you set for yourself, you should break it down into its constituent components and tackle each individually, or at least add one at a time. That's how you learn. Approaching it as a monolith is a great way to discourage yourself. Learning how addAction works is a good place to start.

What you describe is rather complex, however. For example, you will need to configure all vehicles for capacity, unless you use their maximumLoad, which tends to not make a lot of sense. But it might be fine for what you want to do.

• Like 1