Sign in to follow this  
joltan

New 'nam mp mission

Ok, here's a big mission for those times the server's full. Up to 34 players search a few villages for enemy troops. You will have several choppers for transport and scouting, and (optional) artillery and air support. The kind of support available and the weather can be set in the slot selection screen (making the mission harder or easier). View distance is variable - depending on the actual capabilities of the connected computers. The location of the enemy troops is selected randomly at the start of the mission.

The mission can be played with just a few players if full support is enabled, although I think it's most fun with limited or no support and more players instead. Note that I'm using the A10 with LGBs for the airstrikes. Once the 'nam mod releases it's air pack, I'll change these to more adequate aircraft.

I spawn most enemy units only when they are needed, but the mission still needs a strong server machine with a good connection. 56k'ers won't have much fun with it.

Uses Kegetys' spectator script, snYpir's sp/mp artillery suite, Jacobaby's rotor downwash effects and Dinger's adaptive viewdistance script.

Get it here: AirCav Seek&Destroy

Addons needed: Nam Pack 2 incl. CoC mines, Kegetys' Editor update and the USMC marker addon 1.2

Hummmmm smile.gif

Nice mission!!!

i add mission in news and download in my site! smile.gif

by

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (radt @ Feb. 27 2003,05:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice mission!!!

i add mission in news and download in my site! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Great you like it! Better get the latest version (same link as above), as there were some bugs wich I just fixed this afternoon.

Its now for 'only' 29 players, as I had to change the gunners to ai to circumvent a nasty problem with the artillery script (was causing players sometimes to start fallying down from the sky...).

Now I'm working on a script that will enable you to pickup the tanks with a chinook and carry them near the action. Also group leaders will be able to call in the support from any chopper if they have no radio at hand.

Edit: I have the chopper pickup finished - unfortunately it requires V1.91 (at least on the clients side, server may be 1.90), so I wont release it yet. The version available on my website is 100% functional and seems free of any severe bugs.

Guest jacobaby

Joltan,

erm....max carrying weight for a chinook is I believe around 20000lbs, slightly more for the latest versions. The CH47A used in Nam had only 10000lbs capability.

http://www.rotorhead.org/military/ch47.asp

If you can find a tank that weighs in at less than that..by all means attach it tounge.gif

Realism is the key to immersive missions.........

biggrin.gif

TJ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ Mar. 13 2003,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm....max carrying weight for a chinook is I believe around 20000lbs, slightly more for the latest versions. The CH47A used in Nam had only 10000lbs capability.

If you can find a tank that weighs in at less than that..by all means attach it tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is already removed in last version (not available for public as snYpirs support pack has some severe problems on linux servers and he's just working on a fix) - the chopper transport didn't work very good in mp, so I removed it again. Realism is something I aim for, but sometimes it's also fun not to adhere to closely to it. The routes in this map are just too long to actually drive from one place to another, so I think it would have been nice to use the tanks... well, server reality (and my limited scripting abilities) meant different...

wink.gif