SupremeTDM

init.sqf won't work when starting in helicopter seat

Hello,

I am trying to start my mission with an init.sqf that is a black screen with text that then fades out. This works fine if I put my player on the ground and click play but when started in a helicopter seat, the init.sqf doesn't work. How would I use this and start in the helicopter seat?

Thanks in advance, I'm somewhat new to all this so I'm assuming it's something small I'm just overlooking.

my init.sqf -

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];

[] Spawn {

titleText ["This line here should take you about five seconds to read.","PLAIN DOWN"];

titleFadeOut 7; sleep 5;

titleText ["This line should take five seconds as well, if you read slowly.","PLAIN"];

titleFadeOut 7; sleep 5;

titleText ["This line however is important. It should take you ten seconds to read it. That's how much time you have to read this line completely.","PLAIN DOWN"];

titleFadeOut 12; sleep 10;

titleText ["You don't have as much time with this line, but it is still quite lengthy and ever so informative.","PLAIN"];

titleFadeOut 9; sleep 7;

titleText ["But this line.\n\nThis line will make you pause. This line will give you time to...\n\nthink.","PLAIN"];

titleFadeOut 12; sleep 10;

// Info text

[str ("Not so far away..."), str("Not so long ago..."), str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

sleep 3;

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];

"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 5;

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5];

};

No reason for that. I mean your issue is not related to init.sqf and the fact you begin inside an helicopter or not. Your scenario is probably far more complex, not saying all the mods/DLCs you're loading.

11 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

No reason for that. I mean your issue is not related to init.sqf and the fact you begin inside an helicopter or not. Your scenario is probably far more complex, not saying all the mods/DLCs you're loading.

since posting this it has started to work, all I did was removed the middle text and am just using this now in my init.sqf

titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 999];
[] Spawn {

// Info text
[str ("Not so far away..."), str("Not so long ago..."), str(date select 1) + "." + str(date select 2) + "." + str(date select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;

sleep 4;
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectEnable true;   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [6];   
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 0;     
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.0];  
"dynamicBlur" ppEffectCommit 5;  

titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 5];
};

I am using jets, helicopter, recon, and global mobilization vehicles/units DLC, spawning in a Huron, and no mods.

But as I said, removing some text seemed to work so I haven't messed with it anymore. 

Thank you for the reply.

Did you try to start with a sleep (2 seconds) just after the first titleCut?

22 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Did you try to start with a sleep (2 seconds) just after the first titleCut?

No, I had assumed it had to do with how my player was spawned into the world, on ground / in helicopter seat, but using sleep has proved too hard for me so I couldn't really experiment. That init.sqf I just found on the forum, not wrote myself or nothing. I've been reading and reading and reading to try and do it myself but I don't code and this shorter version with the str I actually prefer so win/win that it worked.