Sign in to follow this  
Chance73181016

Can't Play Campaign(Single Play)

I recently purchased an Arma 2 and an Operation Arrowhead. But the game doesn't seem to work properly. Pressing the Single Play button simply toggles between difficulty levels and the start menu.

I performed all actions, such as running as an administrator, downgrading the beta version, and setting compatibility etc. But I still can't access singleplayer.

when I checked the local files, there was no separate campaign folder. Could this possibly be a problem?

And another question. The Arma2 in my Steam library doesn't seem to be the version sold in the store. Mine's appid is 33910, but store's is 33900.

Because of this, I don't think I can get any additional support for Arma 2. Clicking on the store page will take you to the main store screen, not the Arma 2 sales page.

To solve this problem, I permanently deleted the existing Arma 2 from my account and purchased Combined Operations, but the appid of the Arma 2 included in the product is still 33910.

And i tried purchase Arma 2 separately, a message will appear saying that it is not possible.

In this case, how can I buy a new Arma 2?

I would like to find a solution to these two problems.

5 hours ago, Chance73181016 said:

Pressing the Single Play button simply toggles between difficulty levels and the start menu.

This is not possible, if you press single player you go to the second menu where you choose what to play, in order to be able to select some type of difficulty, you must first go through another 2 menus.
(when I say it's not possible I mean, that... normally it's not possible, if everything is correct as it should, that's not possible, so there's something wrong.)

I performed all actions, such as running as an administrator, downgrading the beta version, and setting compatibility etc. But I still can't access singleplayer

the beta, it is not beta, it is the same version that you install by default. (I know because I told @Dwarden about the problem) all versions were mistakenly overwritten to the latest version 1.64, so the only one you have to change is 1.63_backup, which is the one I use.

when I checked the local files, there was no separate campaign folder. Could this possibly be a problem? 

It is not a problem, since the campaign folder that goes in the root folder of the game is only for custom campaigns, content created by users, and you create it yourself to add campaigns, the campaigns are in another folder.

And another question. The Arma2 in my Steam library doesn't seem to be the version sold in the store. Mine's appid is 33910, but store's is 33900. 

It's exactly the same version, only there were two ids hanging around and each one has its own forum, but it's the same version, and that's the reason why the store also tells you that you haven't bought it yet, when in fact you have. done and you have it in your library, it's for the same reason, but it doesn't affect anything, just don't give it importance, you don't need to buy any new ArmA.

PD: the supposed error that you say you have, the solution is to reinstall the game, or verify the integrity of the files in steam, and if you modified files following a tutorial, that was the problem, I make this comment because I have seen many who do it to play zombies, copy and paste folders, etc.

Cheers.

Thank you for answer my question.

But, the problem is still not resolved. 

Scenarios, Bootcamp and Armory work well. Howeve I still can't access the campaign.

It's just going back and forth between the campaign difficulty menu and the start menu.

Is there any solution other than deleting and reinstalling?

I would be very happy if it became a campaign...