o Tali o

A.I or T-800 Terminators ?

Hello, 

Is it normal to be spotted by the A.I while being camouflaged in foliage / undergrowth / structures (...) and to take one shots in lethal fire at 300 meters, shooter in motion ?

Are we playing against T-800 Terminators or against A.I simulating normal soldiers?  

"If I don't see my target, my target doesn't see me".  

But maybe the A.I are equipped with thermal optics, with flash detectors, sound and motion sensors ? Unless they have satellites ?

Thanks for making this game playable.  

You want to simulate it, so don't overdo the capabilities of an average soldier.

Vincent, Infantry Lieutenant in real life. 

The AI has been been pretty much scratched from the Arma AI and they're building it from the ground up as far as I can tell. This is a good thing but at their current state you could call them totally rudimentary.  Getting AI spotting right is a very difficult thing to do in gaming as most games only deal with CQB exclusively, that is they only need to feel realistic in a very short and limited engagement. So when you have a CoD AI, or FarCry or BF, they program their AI (if you can call it that they are so overwhelmingly scripted) their reactions only need to seem realistic in a 100m or less radius. An AI that feels realistic as far as spotting when engagements can take place up to 700m or more as well as in a city's urban landscape is very hard to get right on both ends.