Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Mogadishu 'island'

I think this is a vast improvement on earlier attempts at Somalia/Mogadishu maps.

If people want to criticize, I might suggest they come up with something better themselves. wink.gif

Is there anyone under the age of 13 here? Or is it just me??? I thought only young people played compute, thats probably cause my exposure to delta force 2 and counter strike!

While the island isn't perfect, it sure is a great improvement over other missions. yes, the buildings are spaced out, but it sure does the job for now.

Much better then having a city composed of editor placed buildings, I might add.

/me goes to tinker with island.

And, as previously stated, if someone wants to make a better attempt or fix up this version, be my guest.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 25 2003,06:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While it may not be realistic, I think it is VASTLY better then using Desert Everon or Desert Malden maps for BHD missions.  Personally I think this map is a good one even if it isn't perfectly realistic.  Yes it can be better but it'll definitely tie me over until a better one is created.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sying it's bad, I'm just saying it's nothing like the real terrain in Somalia. I quite like the original Somalia map too.

But a better name for both of these maps would be "African city"

I took my Comanche ( biggrin.gif ) for a buzz over the city. I'm sure someone can come up with a better mousetrap but it is indeed nice work.

Like others said, if one of you can do better, then put your money where your mouth is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 25 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I took my Comanche ( biggrin.gif ) for a buzz over the city. I'm sure someone can come up with a better mousetrap but it is indeed nice work.

Like others said, if one of you can do better, then put your money where your mouth is.<span id='postcolor'>

Guess I'd better dust off wrpedit then.

Hi, some of the custom missions my squad does for this island don´t seem to work...

Are there any known issues with custom islands??

Any specific requirementes??

Thanks.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ Feb. 27 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi, some of the custom missions my squad does for this island don´t seem to work...<span id='postcolor'>

Care to be more specific? What errors are you getting?

The problem is that there are no error at all, it just doesn´t "select"......

We choose it but the screen goes to "waiting for server to respond" and the slots for players don´t even appear....

If it helps it uses BAS DELTAS/Rangers but it doesn´t appear any message of error in addon, or missing addon or whatever......

If you can't do better, that doesn't mean you can't critisize. If someone says "oh it doesn't look like Mogadishu", they are just saying that the author should improve on making it look better. It's not like anyone is trying to be offensive towards the author.

Anyone know the height ASL for Mog Intl?