Sirmrjoe

Mortar Strike Recalibration

Vigor Team,

Please recalibrate the Mortar Strike; it's happened to my buddies and me a lot. When selecting a location for a strike, it either falls on us or at a completely different place from where it was set to drop.

To add to this please tweak the splash damage of the mortar. We find being in logically sound locations such as inside locked container too many of the shells hit people inside it and ultimately kill them Same with some buildings too. 

@Sirmrjoe Thanks for the feedback, could you perhaps supply us with a clip showing this, as we would look to check it and see how we can improve it?:

On 2/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, Sirmrjoe said:

When selecting a location for a strike, it either falls on us or at a completely different place from where it was set to drop.

@Matthew Aiken Noted, the team will see what we can do about it.🍅

Not sure if the mortars in their current form were intended to deter players from a “smash and grab” tactic when it comes to the container or not. Couple of suggestions I can think of would be reducing the splash damage “shrapnel” effect first off. Perhaps the mortars from shooting container locks can last several seconds longer preventing players from leaving the container right away from a “Smash and grab”. A second solution might be to simplify the locks on the container. 
to clarify and summarise:

1: make shooting the locks a little more punishing as it’s all too tempting to bypass stealthy unlocks over speed. Personally I feel extending the mortar duration by at least 2.5 seconds or so would help and extend the range of the “alarm” by 1.5x to ping outlanders who shot it. 

2: incentivise quiet unlocks a little more by tweaking the UI on the unlocking of containers to be more clear. I find the current interface “grey” and sometimes skim over the correct number in the tumblers leading to twice as long unlocking time. Nice solid green and a clearer sound on unlock. To balance it could be a matter of having a “blue box” unlock sound within earshot for each lock. But definitely due the finicky interactions with the locks this method currently isn’t very fun or doable given the multiple close spawns.