diwako

[CO-9] Star Catcher, an Arma3 raid

The mission
Star Catcher is a fully automated replayable mission which does not need any player as Zeus. It features a full raid similar to raids one can find within the Destiny game series. Several changes to the destiny formula were done as “bullshit destiny logic” does not really fit into Arma’s gameplay. Which means “magic” mechanics and boss fights are removed, and the general puzzle mechanics are brought down to some more realistic levels.
Be warned this mission is not a normal Arma mission, it features puzzles, advanced mechanics, and some gimmicks you normally do not find in regular missions. There is a whole 10+ pages document detailing all kinds of things about the raid, the background story, and its mechanics.
Of course, for the true destiny day 1 experience, you should not read it and go in fully blind. Just do not complain it has taken a real long time to beat. For new commers and people not trying to guess the mechanics, I suggest you best read this document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DFi0imz627_HuhGY1u6ER-bR7QWY7AcySusszYH302s/edit?usp=sharing

cmpQzJ7.png

(More screenshots in the download link)

Story
A group of Russian Separatists are threatening the destruction of New York City with a captured Russian weapons satellite armed with a micro nuke launcher and are demanding a huge ransom in order to influence the Russian government. Russian special forces, supported by a USAF AC-130 are due to execute a raid on a bunker suspected to contain the control unit of the satellite.

Requirements

• CBA_A3
  • ACE
  • Cup Terrains - Core
  • Cup Terrains - Maps
  • RHSAFRF
  • USAF AC130

Features
End Stats
Show stats like kill, death, and revive counts at the end of the mission for everyone. Also will show how many times you have wiped and how long it took you from first encounter to mission end.

Emote system
Like in Destiny, you can do silly dances while waiting for your team mates to get ready, or the raid leader trying to convey their plan.

NVG color change
Green is so 2035, blue is the new color!

Medical revive system
Like in destiny you have revive tokens. Here those are the medical item Adenosine! It can be used to quick heal any downed player. Just ACE interact on them and look for the “Quick Heal” option. Can only be used on unstable patients and only if you have at least one adenosine left!

Music system
Different music per encounter, very similar like in Destiny. Can change during the raid as well.

BettIR like NVG IR lamp
The bunker is really dark, to make BettIR not a hard dependency, a similar feature which does not work as well as BettIR is included in this system. I do recommend to use BettIR with this mission, but if you do not want to, this is the replacement for it.
For those that do not know what BettIR is, it adds an infra-red light to your NVG goggles. You can illuminate objects in front of you and can effectively see better with ACE NVGs!

ACE interactions
Not really a feature, just a highlight that anything related to this raid will be interactable using ACE interactions. Scroll wheel actions won’t be used.

Additional mods/CDLCs supported

There are some additional mods which are supported but are not hard requirements, they however will make the experience better in one way or another

- All other RHS non terrain mods
- 3CB factions
- YueMod
- GM
- SOG: PF
- LAMBS Danger FSM
- DUI
- ACRE and TFAR (only beta tested)

Any optics without additional zoom factors are supported and automatically added to the arsenal!

ACE Medical
WARNING! ACE medical is required here! This is the LATEST ACE medical not the “old” one! Make sure to NOT FORCE any global ACE medical related CBA/Addon settings on your server or Client. There are special mechanics at play here, you can read more on that inside the document linked above!

FAQ
Q: Can I play this alone in SP?
A: Unfortunately, no. This is designed with multiple people in mind

Q: How many players does this support?
A: 9 players, some more spectator slots

Q: I cannot get 8 other players together; can I play with less?
A: Yes, it will be harder to beat, but the mechanics in its core should still work. Make sure to have at least 2 player groups!

Q: Why RHS and not CUP?
A: My unit just uses RHS instead of CUP

Q: Will I get my raid exotic in the end?
A: Of course! Why would you raid and not get an exotic?

Q: I am stuck at the MCH abortion code sequence, help!
A: My only advice is to investigate the “Satellite Dish” and “Main Control Hardware” chapters again, there is a hint

Q: What is the current fastest time for this?
A: Roughly 30 minutes and 15 seconds

Q: Why would an AC-130 even go there?
A: ‘s cool!

Downloads

Workshop https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2656380957

Pushed a small update.

Did some small bugfixes

TFAR and vanilla radio support added

ACRE requirement removed

• Like 1