SeelieKnight

Gui Editor and CreateDialog creates dialog off screen?

I've set up a basic dialog and am trying to spawn it. I use createDialog, and it returns true, character control stops, and my cursor appears. So it seems to be spawning the dialog, but it's not showing up on my screen. I've tried using safezone, absolute, and all the grid settings from the Arma 3: User Interface Editor wiki page. Nothing seems to work. I remember seeing somewhere that dual monitor might mess things up but I can't find that post again and can't remember what the solution was. Any help?

EDIT: So I found the documentation and looked at safeZoneAbs. I used the configuration they say should cover the entire screen of a 3 monitor set up, but I'm still seeing nothing.

At this point I don't think this is a config issue. I just ran createDialog "RscButtonMenuOK" to make a default OK button and got the same behavior. Same thing with following the exact instructions in BIS's GUI Tutorial. Do controls spawn invisible now or something?

Well it started working. I don't know why.

This is the code that ultimately worked, but I swear I did something just like this before and it didn't work. Ah whatever. Arma is arcane.  :shrug:

class RscButton_1600: RscButton
{
    idc = 1600;
    x = 0.205156 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
    y = 0.109 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
    w = 0.589687 * safezoneW;
    h = 0.782 * safezoneH;
};

Just some things to check:

• Did you reload the description.ext? You have to go back to 3den or use these tricks.
  • Is the rest of the config correct? A mistake that I often see and also make myself is to not put the controls inside a "Controls" class.
  • Any errors in RPT?
  • Do you have any other controls? Especially the CT_LISTNBOX is tricky as the first two controls with an idc of -1 are used as "buttons".

On 10/29/2021 at 4:32 AM, SeelieKnight said:

BIS's GUI Tutorial

not entirely correct, it's a tutorial on the BIKI (Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki) so it is written by BI and/or the community and in this case that would be all the contributors listed on the history tab 😄