Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Sound

when I start playing the game OFP the sound gos out the sound works on all of the other games help me PLES?

I was hoping for things such as the OFP version number, the sound card you have, DirectX version installed, and exactly what the symptoms are and when the problem occurs.

OFP V1.90

sound blaster

DirectX 1.80

i will be playing the game and the sound gos out i was playing the games for 1 or 2 Mins I then went out of the game then went back in and the sound was back for 1 or 2 Ments then went out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Matthew @ Feb. 11 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DirectX 1.80<span id='postcolor'>

Hope you mean 8.1 tounge.gif

Try updating your sound card's drivers, and if it doesn't help, install OFP 1.91 also.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 11 2003,08:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try updating your sound card's drivers<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> and if it doesn't help, install OFP 1.91 also.<span id='postcolor'>

Most likely irrelevant to this problem.

Try searching The FAQ for "shared irqs" and "sound blaster".

The SoundBlaster drivers are notoriously buggy. You can either try the latest official drivers from Creative Labs, or stick with the ones that Microsoft supplies with Windows XP.

While the latter drivers aren't as full-featured as the Creative Labs drivers (they lack support for EAX, for instance), they are rock-stable.