Sign in to follow this  
ggb001

Custom mod folder x Dedicated server

Me and my friends have been playing ArmA: Armed Assault with mods recently. All our mods are stored in the "AddOns" folder. We thought its gonna be better to host with dedicated server, but to run mods on dedicated server you need to manually input them in the launch options, like -mod@xxx;@yyy
But all my mods are stored in the "AddOns", how do I tell dedicated server to launch them?

Create folder -mod@xxx and put Addons folder in it?

p.s. english isnt my native language so I apologize for mistakes

Hello Welcome to BI forums!

I take it no one never told you to install mods into the addons folder, well heres your first lesson dont do it!

To answer your question the best way is to establish actual mod folders, so create a folder, name it based on the mods name

with the @ sign in front of it, and then inside another folder named addons (dont misspell it! ) and then put all the pbo's

and bisigns for the given mod into that addons folder.

From there you will have to add the name of the mod folder in the server's commandline,

that imo is the best and safest way to do it without hiccups.

2 hours ago, ggb001 said:

Create folder -mod@xxx and put Addons folder in it?

:yeahthat:

5 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hello Welcome to BI forums!

I take it no one never told you to install mods into the addons folder, well heres your first lesson dont do it!

To answer your question the best way is to establish actual mod folders, so create a folder, name it based on the mods name

with the @ sign in front of it, and then inside another folder named addons (dont misspell it! ) and then put all the pbo's

and bisigns for the given mod into that addons folder.

From there you will have to add the name of the mod folder in the server's commandline,

that imo is the best and safest way to do it without hiccups.

:yeahthat:

Thank you for answering! I just thought that I need to install all mods in the AddOns folder because some mods didn't have their folder with @ in front of it. Live and learn.

Welcome, ya if a mod dont have a mod folder then create one, idk why a modder imo wouldn't create a mod folder

which to me is the base format that enables mods to be read by the game, there are other ways though the easiest

is to just use the mod folder format.

Ya just be sure to not misspell the addons folder, and when you do put the name in the commandline for the mod,

dont misspell that either, other wise the game is looking for something thats not there.