Sign in to follow this  
Victim_913

AI not playing well with others in editor

When playing using the editor, the AI in my own squad seem to act as if the game hasn't started. I made sure i'm in "scenario" not intro or outro. I test whatever im working on in the editor. I select a unit, or all, and tell them to "move there", or any other order. Nothing happens. Sometimes it will show whatever i told them like my name and what i said "unit 2 move 50 meters". but nothing happens.

I also tried it from the command menu using number keys instead of mouse. clicking the map, etc

Other AI work fine. They follow waypoints and fight.

My squad will follow me as long as they are in formation. They will shoot enemies but nothing else.

I found a possible clue. When i give an order and nothing happens, i can open the camera, wait a second, then close the camera, back into the game. Then my unit #2 or whoever i commanded, will say "copy that" then he will move to wherever i told him to go.

But that is all. his icon says "ready". but everything goes back to how it was.

The weird thing is, by using this camera thing, it will only trigger a single order. whatever order i gave last will be followed. Only 1 single order is followed. i would have to play constantly switching back and forth out of the camera just to follow 1 order at a time.

So it seems my squad acts as if they aren't receiving any orders. Kind of like they were still in the editor.

I just fully updated arma 3. I also verified integrity of files. Everything is up to date.

Im wondering if it has anything to do with any new modules.

It makes me think i used the "set ai mode" module. I even tried using it with everything enabled just in case. but nothing changed.

I didn't notice it until after "oldman" i think.

Please help!!!!!!!!! i really need to test my mod.

Thanks