shadowguy

Install DLC from thumb drive??

My squad have all bought SOG Prairie Fire on Steam but two us have really crappy DSL.  I sent them the "vn" folder on thumb drives. Presently, they can not get a working install of Prairie Fire. Can someone please point us to some instructions on how to install DLC from an external source?

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue, where STEAM thought my ARMA 3 was NOT installed, yet all the game files were on my SSD.

So you need to have your team members buy the DLC first.

So STEAM knows they own it.

Close STEAM at this point.

Make sure you have the SAME installation as they SHOULD have, same cDLC, etc...

Then you need to also send them YOUR  appmanifest_107410.acf file from YOUR x:\steam\steamapps\ folder

Have your team members put this file into THEIR x:\steam\steamapps\ folder

X in this case means the drive where their ARMA 3 is installed in such C or D or whatever.

Now have them START STEAM, LOGIN and VERIFY the ARMA 3 GAME files.

It should detect attempt to check for these files on THEIR HDD/SSD as the  appmanifest_107410.acf tells steam it exists so it will check it.

It might download a few files due to difference CRC for example but it should work.

PS: Keep a backup of the  appmanifest_107410.acf file, you can just copy and rename it as *.bak  in case some ARMA 3 game files becomes missing but you know it is physically on your HDD. Just copy back the backup and let steam verify.

• Like 1

Thanks Valken, for your quick reply. The lads have the instructions and I will post back here as to their success.

5/17/2021

Both installs are successful using your excellent instructions. Thanks again Valken!

Edited by shadowguy
Update reply