HereIsJones

playMusic occasionally working

When I add

playMusic "SkyNet";

...to a new mission, the song plays (it's from the default Arma soundtrack). But when I add it (in the same way) to the mission I'm about to complete, it doesn't play. The music associated with BIS_fnc_endMission "end1" doesn't play in the mission either.

Is there a checkbox somewhere I may have checked that needs unchecking? Maybe a setting I somehow inadvertently changed? Volume is fine, I even tried to fade the music in, but no luck. Each test works in a new mission, but doesn't work in the mission I'm currently finishing.

If its vanilla content does it not play via a trigger? It should be listed in the trigger music section without no additions to the mission.

Apart from that do other music parts play? 

• Thanks 1

I've tried triggers, but again they work in a new mission, but not the mission I've created. No music plays anywhere.

I haven't written any sound or music code other than the mission outro, so I just thought I might have accidentally set some kind of global "mute" condition by checking a box somewhere.

4 minutes ago, HereIsJones said:

I've tried triggers, but again they work in a new mission, but not the mission I've created. No music plays anywhere.

I haven't written any sound or music code other than the mission outro, so I just thought I might have accidentally set some kind of global "mute" condition by checking a box somewhere.

You could have "muted" the music. Use the fadeMusic command to make sure the music is playing at full volume.  

1 fadeMusic 1;

• Thanks 1

Thx for responding. I tried that, but no luck. This may just be a bit of "code entropy", some line of code is crossing another line of code somewhere and causing problems. I may just use the outro w/o music.

• Confused 1

Maybe try merging your mission with a new empty one to see if it fixes the issue. It is weird that nothing plays because the outro is at the end anyways so really weird.

Although not the first time a trigger does not work and writing the exact same thing to a new trigger fixes the issue  👍

• Like 2