Hauki1

Server with eden editor

Hello!

I was thinking of buying Arma III server online and needed help with the eden editor. If i buy the server, can i activate the eden editor somehow and make scenarios by my self to play with friends?

Hello, Welcome to BI forums!

1 hour ago, Hauki1 said:

If i buy the server, can i activate the eden editor somehow and make scenarios by my self to play with friends?

No, the only other option you can do to build a mission and doing it live would be to use Zeus, and in order to use that, you

need to already have a mission with a zues module placed and then the mission pbo'd and uploaded to the server.

Once on the sever whomever is to be the Zeus master the player with the controls, he can then on the fly and live build a mission

by placing enemies, objects, modules ect,.

See the Zeus manual for that ----->  https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Field_Manual_-_Zeus

If your intertested in that idea i searched Utube for some tutorials on how to use zeus, may tips, tricks how to use and misc information on the subject

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=arma+3+how+to+use+zeus+

On another note, you can create missions for yourself and upload them to a server and you can play them with your friends

however it would be cheaper to just go to startup a server and have your friend join, there you can play your mission.

Building a mission together as in both of you, you and your friend/s at the same time in Eden is not functionally possible as far as im aware, i would have to search

through all my compilation lists for the tools, and scripts that make it possible but off the top of my head its not possible,

Zeus imo would be the closest you can get to that.

Does that answer your question?