Sign in to follow this  
Flashman

1.90 performance drop

I’ve only just updated to 1.90 and run an editor mission that I use to test each upgrade. It is a very demanding mission involving a large number of troops and vehicles. Under 1.85 this mission was very playable with good frame rates, however on trying it with 1.90 it is now unplayable with estimated frame rates of about 1-2fps. Has anybody else experienced this dramatic fall in performance? Does the install change any settings that could be responsible for this?

I dont think it is really important what his detail and visability setting are. the point is he trys a map with the same setting everytime a new patch comes out and since 1.90 the frame rate has droped, i have also notived this.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bugsfrombis @ Jan. 30 2003,19:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont think it is really important what his detail and visability setting are.<span id='postcolor'>

If he notched them up, it can make all the difference. Search The FAQ for "terrain detail".

Yer but if he notched them up then come here saying the fps had droped that would make him a idiot.

And im saying ive noticed performance drops and i aint no muppet.

My terrain setting is normal, and visibility is to 900 but as Bugsfrombis said, that should be irrelevant, as I had not change any settings from when I was running 1.85. The only time I had to mess with the settings was when Resistance came out and the performance drop was not so big then as it seems now. I have always used the same mission in the editor to test performance. It seems BS is expecting us to continually update our computers to play the latest patch!

On another note I was getting the "cannot memory map 1985.pbo" message and CTD before updating (which prevented me playing the campaigns) I tried all the fixes for that suggested on theavonlady`s site, to no avail. After updating to 1.90 I got a config bin error relating to an addon and still got the memory map error. I deleted the addon and strangely enough all started working again?? The addon was called squarecanopy.pbo.

I used to play a cool mission called 'beach landings' but a few patches later, it's just a slide show, so I don't play it anymore. Sad really.

Avon Lady - that is once again irelevent, in order to test somthing you run the 2 things under the same setting and computer if you change one for some test then you wont get good results...

by the way i have noticed it aswell

maybe that is way my pc runs ofp like crap on mp. O well my mobo is back thursday tounge.gif