Sign in to follow this  
juleshuxley

Is it possible to create a drone with 3 or more 'crew mates'?

I'm working a mod that shows all of the player's current vehicles' weapons systems on the HUD. I'm nearly there, however making it work with Drones is a little hacky as the player isn't inside the drone, rather he is controlling it. No worries, Bohemia itself is a little hacky, and drones in the game actually contain one to two crew mates jammed inside! There's even a guy stuffed inside the darter! Using the full crew command you even get their names the poor devils.

Anyway, I can work with this hackiness to hack my HUD together, however I need to ask: Do all drones have, at most, 1 gunner and 1 driver slot? Are there mods that contain drones with 3 crew mates and more? I want my mod to work with everything that's thrown at it, and as long as drones have 1 driver and 1 gunner we're fune. Is it impossible for a modder to create a drone with 3+ slots?

16 hours ago, juleshuxley said:

I'm working a mod that shows all of the player's current vehicles' weapons systems on the HUD. I'm nearly there, however making it work with Drones is a little hacky as the player isn't inside the drone, rather he is controlling it. No worries, Bohemia itself is a little hacky, and drones in the game actually contain one to two crew mates jammed inside! There's even a guy stuffed inside the darter! Using the full crew command you even get their names the poor devils.

Anyway, I can work with this hackiness to hack my HUD together, however I need to ask: Do all drones have, at most, 1 gunner and 1 driver slot? Are there mods that contain drones with 3 crew mates and more? I want my mod to work with everything that's thrown at it, and as long as drones have 1 driver and 1 gunner we're fune. Is it impossible for a modder to create a drone with 3+ slots? 

There is no limit on drone AI units so there can be UAV with 10 turrets (each with its own AI)

On 11/9/2020 at 7:46 PM, reyhard said:

There is no limit on drone AI units so there can be UAV with 10 turrets (each with its own AI) 

That's a shame. Any idea how how to detect a AI turret vs a passenger turret? For example the Stomper RCWS has a Driver AI turret, a Gunner AI turret and a passenger turret that a normal player can get in. Is there a command I could run on the AI crew mate to see if it's a Drone AI rather than a normal unit that can leave the vehicle, thus proving its position is available to be controlled by a terminal?

This is just a side question, but every drone I've come across has at most 1 driver and 1 gunner... And the UAV terminal displays only 1 driver and 1 gunner feed. So would a drone with more controllable turrets require a modded terminal? Also the UAVControl command (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/UAVControl) only returns the roles DRIVER, GUNNER or "", which suggests that drones are hardcoded to have at most 1 driver and 1 gunner. As you say this isn't the case so can you explain this? Thanks. First question is the impostant!!