Sign in to follow this  
Stag

Theyre coming, dial in the airstrike. Any time... Help?

Call in the Wrath of God in single play, no problem. Try it in multiplay, of course, when everyone is looking at you, it doesn't work. mumbled excuses of bad weather don't really cut it when an armoured column is advancing on your pos. Can anyone spare me further embarrasment?

BTW group leader was selected.

Nobody has had this problem before?

make 2 wp's for ur airstike units e.g. A10's. make one right infront of the units and the other right next to that.

sync the tigger with the second wp and make sure that u have set it up properly with west detection and use "Radio Alpha"

if ur the leader use the command 0-0-1 adn that will radio in the units.

i haven't had the time to make the ai use the radio yet cuz i aint seen any command line for it.

if ur wanting the ai leader to radio in the airstrike well then ur gunna have to wait because i dont know that and knowing my luck thats not what u wanted and then that means i have just wasted my <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>time.</span></span>

Okay, I'll talk technese.

The aircraft were set up with two waypoints; the first, a standard Move waypoint, the second, Seek and Destroy. Waypoint 1 was synched to the trigger 0,0,7, which caused the unit to hold at point 1 until the code was sent. In single play, this worked fine and created very satisfactory havoc with the opposition.

However, when I switched to multiplay, the code was just plain not accepted, nor was the code to call in the extraction copter. this while playing Team Leader, though for completeness sake I asked everyone else if they could dial in. no joy.

im really pissed of with multi cuz hardly any of the stuff u use in single mission work in multi.

So is this a bug, or can a script be written to overcome the problem?

BTW, thanks for the response, at least smile.gif

im not quite sure as such. people have been having problems ever since the first version.

maybe a script would work, im not sure....

I worked fine with Air Support in MP ( AH-64's ) and when called for them with RADIO they came and also attacked the enemy, and I used no WAYPOINTS to do so, only radio calls.

My only problem is, that when I host and I'm not the leader, but the leader is someone else ( human player ) the radio commands are not accepted by him ( that's the leader ) but when I press the RADIO calls, even if I'm last in command, they work with me.

I cannot understand the reason.

can U help.

Interesting. if you don't use waypoints, how do you get the birds over the target?

Only the host can dial in? Knowing that would be an acceptable work-around, but I'm afraid I have no idea how to transfer control.

Hmmm, well as I said I used the AH-64's, I donno if for the A-10's its the same,

Let me tell U, Normally when U r in battle field U donno where the enemy is,right?. So to make it more realistic I normally do this kind of Air Support:-

1) I create the AH-64 and name it AS1( in your case try the A-10's and name it whatever U like) with a GET-OUT waypoint and a GET-IN waypoint over the same chopper ( this should take the pilots out of the chopper and wait for your radio call out of the chopper )

2) I create a trigger with RADIO ALPHA activation , and name it whatever U like, but in ON ACT field I type AIRSUPP = 1 ( So that when active it will trigger the AIRSUPP in GET IN as follows )

3) Get in the GET IN command U made on the chopper earlier and in CONDITION field type AIRSUPP == 1, then in the ON ACTIVATION field type:-

AS1 move (getpos Ap)

in which Ap is the leader of your team ( U can name it whatever U like also ),

So now we got 2 pilots out of their chopper waiting for your radio call to be made. As soon as U call them ,they will ride in the chopper, start the engines and fly to your position, which I normally assume that U are facing ENEMY, at the time the choppers come over U, they normally see the enemy and attack it themselves without U having to command them.

Then I have more things I can add to them, but I can't keep going on here.

I can make them go back to base when they finish their AMMO

I can make them join my team when they are at a certain distance from me

ETC ETC ETC

well I hope this helps U

@Wardog and RAMBO: Do you use the SetRadioMsg command to assign a string to the radio channel. When creating a radio trigger a default string is assigned but maybe this only happens for the host. May be this explains why sometimes only the host can make radio calls.

@RAMBO: Did you read my reply to your Radio problem question. Maybe this is related to it.

Cool! though my assets were out over the briney (Actually a brace of Cobras), so waiting outside isn't really an option smile.gif

Only the host being able to dial in though sad.gif; Better keep that guy fit!

Thanks for the info, Rambo smile.gif

Spinor, I'm not too clever yet on mission building, so I use the default settings wherever possible. I freely admit that I'm not the brightest candle in the chandelier, and usually need to be shown. do you have an example of a relevant string?

Yes Spinor I read your answer, but I have to try that on a small TRYING map on desert Island, with someone, so for now I got no time to try it out

but tnx for your help.

Which thread is this on?

@Wardog: With the SetRadioMsg command you can change the text that appears in the radio for the respective channel, like

channel SetRadioMsg "text"

where channel is a number from 1 to 8 corresponding to the radio channels Alpha,...,Hotel. Example:

2 SetRadioMsg "Call Support"

Using the special string "null" you can deactivate the radiochannel (even with working radio trigger).