Sign in to follow this  
Fourty7

FPS in Eden doubling via hiding HUD

Hey guys,

I generally don't work in the VR map/island, but I have been recently. I noticed that while editing, if I press backspace (To hide the HUD) my FPS goes from around 150 to 275-300.

This is most likely a thing on all islands/maps, but I only noticed it because my GPU fan went to 100% every time I was turning the HUD off.

Just wondering why the EDEN HUD causes such an extreme FPS drop, also if this is expected behavior or something I can change/fix?

***After Edit***

Did some testing to verify, and this does happen on other islands, but with significantly less of a FPS change (About 5-10% on Altis, tested in a object-dense area + in ocean looking away from island, about the same percent).

Edited by Fourty7
Update / adding information.

After thinking about this for a bit, my only assumption for what's causing this is;

When the HUD is open, it has to read a lot of data to fill the right menu (mainly the object database), and when it's turned off it's not reading data...

However, this seems unlikely for two reasons;

I would not expect the amount of (data) reading done to be a constant, but the frame drop is measurably constant & consistent.

There is never a delay when turning the HUD back on, where generally when you open something that needs to refresh its list by reading data there's a delay.

May be the case, but I don't think so?