Sign in to follow this  
PolariZ

Cannot host multiplayer

First, I go to "Multiplayer" in the main menu. Then I push "New". Finally, I select island and mission from the list, and press "Ok". Then nothing happens. I can only press "Cancel", to return to the multiplayer menu, and then go back to the main menu. Anybody got an idea of what I am doing wrong?

yea ok nooo

Post your version, Direct X version

Run C:\Program Files\DIRECTX\SETUP\Dxdiag.exe and take a look at the network, if there are any errors let us know

you may also want to reinstall you TC/IP

What are your system specs?

No create button, but I found the "problem"..... I was not connected to the internet. But I thought I could host a LAN game and play it with bots, without connecting to the net. Isn't that possible? :confused:

No, anything on the Multiplayer menu requires network access. It's unfortunate, and has been lamented in other threads.

Too bad..... Did BIS state anything about their stance at this. Will they make it possible?

No, I don't recall seeing a comment from the developers. They do read practically everything in these forums except the Off-Topic nonsense, and implement what they can.

Well, let me understand this. You are trying to play the Multiplayer Missions by yourself with AI helping you. For some reason you cannot because as other responses have suggested it is not possible unless you are connected to the net.

If my understanding is correct, then I would disagree. I play that way. I even disconnect my net connection from my modem so there is absolutley no access. Call me paranoid, but I just do.

You might want to investigate this a little further. Of course I might have missunderstood the question and in that case, sorry to waste your time.

I can shed some light on this, i have exactly the same problem BUT i'm on a cable always-on internet connection.

I decided to dual boot Win XP/ME and i can't get it to run in XP, but it runs fine in ME. So i believe the problem is in settings somewhere i just can't d*amn well find it...

I have had this problem too....the solution!

Click New, then before you do anything, click on 'Remote' and change this to 'LAN'.

You then be prompted to enter an IP address and port number. For this use any IP address on your subnet but change the port to '2236'....NOT 2234.

Problem FIXED!!!

Have fun

No didn't work for me, come on developers what specific settings are needed to make it run in multiplayer so i can find what i'm missing?

I've now figured out what the problem is, op flash multiplayer is stuck on port 2234 for some strange reason. No matter what i do i can't change it permanently. Any suggestions anyone?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Incast on 5:46 am on Dec. 7, 2001

I've now figured out what the problem is, op flash multiplayer is stuck on port 2234 for some strange reason. No matter what i do i can't change it permanently. Any suggestions anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

Sure -- put the following on the command-line you use to launch OFP:

-port=portnumber