Alex Horn

Unobservable objects in Eden Editor from Terrain Builder

Hello everybody,

first to all I apologize in advance for my bad English, I'm french but I'm going to try ! 😉

I started to create a map with Terrain Builder, the map is completely set and I arrived at the time to place the objects.

I place my objects on the map with Terrain Builder and Buldozer and I use PBOProject to binarize and make the PBO.

When I visualize the map in Eden Editor, the mapping from Terrain Builder is present but I notice some bugs on the map. Some objects (not building, it's some walls or lightings), disappear according to the camera's position or the objects cannot appear at all BUT they are on the map because even if they are unobservable we can't pass across and they are on the satellite map.

* Observations :

- This bug is limitated when the objects quality on the settings is hight

- This bug disappears when we zoom In game or when we use binoculars to view the objects who have the bugs

- The same objects on the other map (Altis, Tanoa, Stratis, Malden) don't have the probleme

I don't know if this bug is from Terrain Builder or from Arma 3 Eden Editor and how patch it...

Once again, sorry for my English and thanks you to have read this topic !

Have a good day / night !

SierRpa

The blunt A3 rocks are broke, they are the brown ones...

small rocks with_LC in the name can cause issues if rotated at strange angles

• Like 1

Hello RoF, thanks you for your reply!

It's not the rock, it's more the walls or lightings. 

They don't have LC on the name and they are placed normally on the map... 

Can you post your map samplers from TB? The screen with cell size etc

PMC-ArmA-3-Ultimate-Terrain-Tutorial-Ter

Also are you using Arma 3 objects or mods as well?

Here is the map samplers

Echantillonneurs-carte.jpg

I have to tell you that when I have completed some values in this windows, I am certainly deceived...

This is the setting of the map on L3DT :

L3DT-1.jpg

L3DT-2.jpg

Thanks again

Yeah you doing that wrong lol. Texture layer should always be as close to 40 x 40 as you can get it, otherwise it breaks A.I. etc

Make sure you keep the same setting's between L3DT and Arma

L3DT_2_TB_V2.png

Also keep your cell size low if you can, 15 cell will look really bad! L3DT doesn't let you do 7.5 like Altis.

Since you want a 30km terrain, I'd go for 8 cell so you can see the sat and mask in L3DT, it will make the map 2km bigger, BUT you won't have to resize any images L3DT makes to try and fit it into a 7.5 cell map

Make sure you have you sat and mask the same size as the Terrain Size like in the picture above. If you using L3DT free version, get the pro version trial as that lasts 90 days and is meant to be going freeware one day soon

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot RoF ;),

I have changed the texture layer's value and my textures are better !!

But if I change the others setting I must to rebuild the terrain and I don't know if I am going to lost my terrain forming and my mapping created from Buldozer.... 

THANKS YOU A LOT ROF!!!!! 

I have only changed the texture layer's value as close to 40x40 (30x30) AND I DON'T HAVE BUGS ANYMORE!!!! 

Thanks you a lot!!!!! 

47 minutes ago, Alex Horn said:

Thanks a lot RoF ;),

I have changed the texture layer's value and my textures are better !!

But if I change the others setting I must to rebuild the terrain and I don't know if I am going to lost my terrain forming and my mapping created from Buldozer.... 

Use file > export terrain. That will export any edits you have done in Buldozer to a new .asc file

You should really think about changing cell size, at the moment you can edit the terrain every 15m, using 7.5 or whatever you want you use would let you edit the terrain every 7m.

Look here to see what sizes BI used https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:grid-cell-size

Also if you don't change your sat and mask, it's going to be really low resolution at 15m/px, everyone uses 1m/px

34 minutes ago, RoF said:

Utilisez Fichier> Exporter le terrain. Cela exportera toutes les modifications que vous avez effectuées dans Buldozer vers un nouveau fichier .asc

Vous devriez vraiment penser à changer la taille des cellules, au moment où vous pouvez modifier le terrain tous les 15 m, utiliser 7,5 ou tout ce que vous voulez vous permettrait de modifier le terrain tous les 7 m.

Regardez ici pour voir les tailles utilisées par BI https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:grid-cell-size

De plus, si vous ne changez pas votre sat et votre masque, la résolution sera très basse à 15m / px, tout le monde utilise 1m / px

Can do that directly on Terrain Builder or I must to change the setting on L3dt too?