Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Please, remove the targeting from ofp!

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know how that "yellow target box" pisses me off....When I go for the flag, trying to be as stealthy as possible taking out several enemies, you kill a soldier then enemy commander gives target (of your position) and some damn n00bs kill you (sure they didnt know where you was before they've seen the target box)...What im saying is that with a help of target box any noob can shoot you no matter how good you try to be stealthy. This ruins the whole concept of infantry fighting....and another thing pisses me off even more, is when someone sits in tank, and scans the bush - even if he doesnt see you behind the bush, in tank it will show "red square" that there is an enemy soldier there....THIS IS BULL[beep]!! Thats not realistic stuff...and that's ruins the most fun in OFP!

So, if BIS could do something about that, to remove the target box from the game...or at least add a feature to the newer version of standalone server for OFP where admin could disable "target box" for all maps being played there....and trust me, I am not the one who doesnt like that....there are many ppl out there pissed off the same way. crazy.gif

There was a thread like this one a while ago.

I think someone made a script that would disable the use of the targetbox by making it tarket something else all the time.

The problem with this is that you have to add it to every mission and I think most servers wount.

I agree that there should be an option to completely disable the targetbox and such in MP.

humm i am kinda courious but sence when dose a red target box show up on a tanks hud or any other hud for that mapper when its just a infintry man. as far as i know boxes only show up for objects such as fuel stations vehicles armor and aircraft not people

there is an option for infantry leaders to assign targets via radio menu.

RED found a solution once but there seem to be problems with 1.91

Welcome to the forums NKVD.

There was a big thread about this and a solution. You need to use the search function at the top of the page.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">humm i am kinda courious but sence when dose a red target box show up on a tanks hud or any other hud for that mapper when its just a infintry man. as far as i know boxes only show up for objects such as fuel stations vehicles armor and aircraft not people<span id='postcolor'>

I was thinking the same at first but after a while I thought he meant the gunenr can be clicking the bushes til he gets a target on someone inside a bush.

I dunno how effective this method is though since you can targets corpse if Im not mistaken.

The lock target function of tanks/helo´s is also very annoying. It is possible to lock/find a target in fog over 1500m. An Server cfg option for that would be nice, look at Battlefield 1942 there are no problems with that.

Mapmakers can avoid the yellow box cheat using no unit groups (no lines between units) or only officers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was thinking the same at first but after a while I thought he meant the gunenr can be clicking the bushes til he gets a target on someone inside a bush.

I dunno how effective this method is though since you can targets corpse if Im not mistaken.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The lock target function of tanks/helo´s is also very annoying.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought that was what I just said tounge.gif

?

we have been playing like this for months

no commanders, its all in the map, if you break the unit apart then no one can give commands

there is a script that allows an admin to turn this off or on in setup as well, works nice, but it has to be added to the map