Sign in to follow this  
Balschoiw

Steel beast gold

I recently bought Steel Beasts Gold and I wonder if anyone of you plays it online ?

As it is a very good simulation of the M1 and Leo2 battle tanks I enjoy it very much. If anyone of you plays it online pls contact me. I´d liked to have a match online versus some of the honourable OFP forum members.

info on the game here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/

Damn bals it looks awful crazy.gif

Soon you'll tell us that you play chess online too tounge.gif

The gfx are not that good, that´s true, but realism and technically correct simulation is a thrill for me tounge.gif

I like the realistic simulations. They give me a lot of fun.

I also like submarine simulations a lot. You dont have much gfx with them at all. But still it is freakin fun for me to hunt an Akula down staring only at my waterfall displays.

I'm not that fond of simulators.

I tested a train simulator. It took a few minutes before I decided to do the dishes instead.

I never would have fun with a train simulator.

Where is the fun ?

"Break left !" ..."Err, sir we are fixed to track"..."Ok forget it."

Unless someone offers me a train like this

a-train.jpg

I will stay away from train simulations biggrin.gif

I have tried som fishing and hunting simulators. Quite booring..

The same with the commersial flight sims.

Why simulate a ordinary job? What's next, plumber fixing leaking pipes?

LMAO biggrin.gif Fishing simulator? Wow, that must be exciting wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 20 2003,15:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LMAO biggrin.gif Fishing simulator? Wow, that must be exciting wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I remember playing a fishing game a long time ago on PS, the menu was rather entertaining but when i started to play i walked away....

I'm definently loving my demo of Steel Beasts. I only have the M1A1 available, which is a shame because I'd really like to try out the Leopard. So far my best record was destroying 12 enemy vehicles in instant action, before those crazy T-80's and BMP's overran me sad.gif

And I have a question about the game that hopefully someone can answer...

Alot of the time when I'm fighting against BMP's, they fire their gun apparently up in the air. The projectile definently isnt a APFSDS, because of its high trajectory and comparatively low speed. I'm guessing its either a HEAT or a missile. Could anyone tell me which it is?

Hey Bals, I have Steel Beasts. I was never especially good or anything, but I definitely enjoyed the depth of the game (don't let the graphics fool you, this is the best tank sim of all time). I'm pretty busy most of the time, but you could PM me and see if we can set up a time for some games

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Llauma @ Jan. 20 2003,14:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have tried som fishing and hunting simulators. Quite booring..

The same with the commersial flight sims.

Why simulate a ordinary job? What's next, plumber fixing leaking pipes?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, actually I've seen all sorts of simulators. They even have a wallstreet stock exchange sim. I once saw a sailboating sim.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Jan. 20 2003,22:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, actually I've seen all sorts of simulators.<span id='postcolor'>

I remember one job interview I had for Nortel just before the high tech bubble really burst, they put me through a Windows 95 simulator biggrin.gif. Not realistic at all I tell you. At no point did I need to use Alt-Ctrl-Del.

Seriously though, I love combat sims, mostly flight sims, but I play other types, for example Flashpoint - I've never been a big fan of FPS's with the exception of Doom - I've also played some non-combat flight simms, they usually aren't as much fun but I still enjoyed them, I've always been very interested in aircraft.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Bals, I have Steel Beasts. I was never especially good or anything, but I definitely enjoyed the depth of the game (don't let the graphics fool you, this is the best tank sim of all time). I'm pretty busy most of the time, but you could PM me and see if we can set up a time for some games <span id='postcolor'>

I will fiddle with my handling of the Leo 2 a bit before we have one going. I need to get faster when turning the turret by hand biggrin.gif

I love the damage effects to the system. Most of the time I have to shoot without range laser and stabilizer. Those two things are always wrecked first biggrin.gif

But I love the way you can override all that high tech and end up with a simple binoc and panically hitting the cursor keys to turn the turret by hand if hydraulic fails tounge.gif

The BMP shoot wired missiles at you if I am not totally wrong.

Another funny thing : If an infantry soldier fires RPG at your tank and you kill him while the rocket is flying, the missile turns lose and gets out of control. I like this reality.