Ikethevike

Stop justifying Team Kills

Devs,

There are a lot of ways to make this game realistic. Allowing us to heal our team mates would be one. Explaining where all the food is going would be another. All the players living in unique and shoddy shelters. Providing a reasonable explanation why the materials grown in an herb garden can be used to create mil-spec, fully automatic weapons. Explaining who’s running the airfield with the unlimited supply of crates full of spray paint for guns, handmade satchels and knit caps. 

Your game is not realistic. 

My “Shooting Range” is spelled in English, but my toon doesn’t know the English word for Fish? 

I’ve built a house almost entirely out of tarps by collecting glass beakers and chemicals?

Does this entire game take place around a blue tarp factory? Did the nuclear war begin over a shortage in brown tarp die?

Why are there so many pre-WWII firearms laying around? Does Norway have a fascination with Tommy Guns?

If you’re married to a troll mechanic like team killing, why not simply be honest about your reasoning for installing it?

Your game is fun, and as an old DayZer, I’ve waited a long time for something like this on console. I can appreciate the desire to sew distrust in the players, but at this point, the game feels more like WarZ.

Having only played for a couple days, I spent most my time getting shot in the head by a “teammate.” 

Please don’t tell me to play with a friend. You added the “team” option. You called it “teams.” You provided matchmaking. Why go through all that just to fall back on the old cliche, “bring a friend and enjoy the game together?”

This game is not DayZ and lacks in several areas. If continuing to play it means I can never use my blue guns for fear of spawn killing or fighting my way to the airdrop and securing the goods only to be shot in the back of the head by my team in the extraction zone (for effs sake, even WarZ didn’t allow that crap) or interact in any meaningful way with another player other than shooting them, then it won’t hold my attention long. The market is full of shooters, and so far the only thing that truly stands out about this one is the option to spawn in next to your enemies.

Hi Ikethevike,

Just like everyone else on the forum, you are entitled to your opinion.

I like many on here, enjoy the game and accept that it's number of areas for improvement will eventually be resolved.

I very rarely play team, so have not experienced the backstabbing that you have.

It would be very difficult to make a game fully mirror real life and for me a little artistic licence is fine. After all, what enjoyment could you attach to a game that deleted itself and stopped you reinstalling it once you were killed!

After all, in real life dead is dead!

Apologies for appearing factitious, but give a little slack eh.

Absolutely, I agree. This is my problem with the “realistic” justification. I’m not here to play a realistic game. I don’t think anyone is. 

As I previously said, I do think it’s a fun game, and I’ll even deal with the team killing, but I’d like a reason as to why. I don’t buy the devs current rhetoric.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, Ikethevike said:

Devs,

There are a lot of ways to make this game realistic. Allowing us to heal our team mates would be one. Explaining where all the food is going would be another. All the players living in unique and shoddy shelters. Providing a reasonable explanation why the materials grown in an herb garden can be used to create mil-spec, fully automatic weapons. Explaining who’s running the airfield with the unlimited supply of crates full of spray paint for guns, handmade satchels and knit caps. 

Your game is not realistic. 

My “Shooting Range” is spelled in English, but my toon doesn’t know the English word for Fish? 

I’ve built a house almost entirely out of tarps by collecting glass beakers and chemicals?

Does this entire game take place around a blue tarp factory? Did the nuclear war begin over a shortage in brown tarp die?

Why are there so many pre-WWII firearms laying around? Does Norway have a fascination with Tommy Guns?

If you’re married to a troll mechanic like team killing, why not simply be honest about your reasoning for installing it?

Your game is fun, and as an old DayZer, I’ve waited a long time for something like this on console. I can appreciate the desire to sew distrust in the players, but at this point, the game feels more like WarZ.

Having only played for a couple days, I spent most my time getting shot in the head by a “teammate.” 

Please don’t tell me to play with a friend. You added the “team” option. You called it “teams.” You provided matchmaking. Why go through all that just to fall back on the old cliche, “bring a friend and enjoy the game together?”

This game is not DayZ and lacks in several areas. If continuing to play it means I can never use my blue guns for fear of spawn killing or fighting my way to the airdrop and securing the goods only to be shot in the back of the head by my team in the extraction zone (for effs sake, even WarZ didn’t allow that crap) or interact in any meaningful way with another player other than shooting them, then it won’t hold my attention long. The market is full of shooters, and so far the only thing that truly stands out about this one is the option to spawn in next to your enemies.

Hi.

I cannot speak for the devs but i can speak as a Nordic habitat. The game is set in the year 1991. The WW2 was fought also in Norway, and also in Finland(a neighbour country). Atleast in Finland there was(and probably still is) huge number of ww2 guns laying around houses as a war memories in the 90s. In Finland in 2004 a law was written that you can report to police if you have unlicensed weopon without penalty and they came and collected it to be destroyed. Since 2004 more than 100,000 guns(mostly from ww2 era) have been collected by the police/military to be properly destroyed.

I killed a teammate for the 1st time yesterday. 

I never do that. I'm not that guy. But....the dude KEPT grabbing everything in front of me. I would go to the other side of the road, he'd come in to the house i was in...He would begin looting the ground levels, I would leave him and go upstairs...here he comes charging up there opening drawers and finding my stuff. I head outside and BACKTRACK, he would follow me and just ultimately snatch up everything before i could. I couldnt shake him, I couldn't stop him or tell him to split the loot. So i took his life. Cold. I know. I felt badly, and probably won't do that again...but I don't want it taken out of the game. I run solo, or with a dedicated team member whom i know. Don't run duos unless you are ready. Don't take anything more than a Suomi into duos...you'll be sorry. 

Sound advise Caesar. I've only played 2 team encounters and experienced similar frustration with communication and the subsequent sharing of loot.

I'm not technically qualified enough to know if headset communication between teammates could be established, and until I find out if it can, and more importantly, if I can accomplish it, I'll focus on solo encounters.