Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Defending the port

I dont remember the name of the level but i remember that you have to defend the port in the north-west part of Nogova i think its called Modrava or something similar to that. I was just wondering how people beat that level? I already beat it but i want to know how other people did.

Hi.

I presume, you mean the mission where you have to defend the town you occupied in the previous mission.

I hopped into the BMP with two other guys from my group and drove to the Y-Junction. Then I ordered the two tank platoons to the left and the right side of the road.

When the Russians came, they never heard the thunderclap as they came under attack from three sides.

The two tank platoons, and me in my little BMP.  smile.gif

After the russian tanks had been neutralized, it was no biggie to take out the remaining infantry.

I tryed doing that once but it didnt work to well i think there was one tank left from my side plus me and like 3 from theirs. THe way i did it was i outloaded all my men with RPGs except two. I took my T-80 and my T-72 and put them behind buildings (this is in Modrava) i threw a gunner in each one. Then i had all my guys come in the tall building with me. Then when they came i just kept hitting them with RPGs and then telling my men to drop some so i could take them. I eventually had to go scavenge through the forest for infantry. And i also had stuck mines on the top of the hill. My t-80 and T-72 also did a lot of damage most my other tanks the ones that follow 2 and 3 were all safe at the end and i think i only lost two men. because some tank crew shot them while they were going through the forest.

Wow, you guys did it the hard way. I tried that mission loods of times and kept failing because I kept trying to engage them with my tanks.

I finally realised there was a really easy way. I send all the tanks back into the town. I use the BMP to ferry mines out to the long bit of straight road before the town and plant about 7/8 mines and 3 satchel charges. Then sit back and watch the carnage. LOL I suffered no losses and didn't even have to use the satchel charges that I'd saved as my last part of defence. The tanks that didn't get hit by mines got minced from long range in the town.

Would you believe it took me a few hours to realise it could be done so easy! mad.gif

I layed a whole mine- and satchelfield at the point where you spawn in the mission. I sent all armor to the South-West. Far enough so the Russians don't notice them.

Then I waited for the Russian troops in the woods. When the T80s came in I triggered the satchels and half of the rest drove over the mines.

In the mean time I ordered the troops to ATTACK! They attacked the Russians from behind. Was quit a good laugh.

I myself only had to deal with 8-12 AI soldiers who were on to me in the woods. But I managed to kill m all smile.gif