Sign in to follow this  
Jubal Savid

Mortar fire mission.

So I want have the ai mortar a position once players reach it. 

I have a mortar man with a hold order linked to a trigger that is set to go active after a trigger named"t2" is activate. 

At which put the hold waypoint should be skipped and a fire mission waypoint set as the current waypoint. 

I have another skip waypoint trigger set up that when that when activated will countdown 20 seconds and then skip the fire mission waypoint and make the last waypoint(hold) active. 

This isn't working. 

It should go something like this 

When the first hold order skipped the fireing starts and 20 seconds later stops. 

Help would be appreciated. 

1. Check your triggers. Add some debug printouts using hint or systemChat to find out if they trigger as expected. Remember to remove them before release. 

2. Remove the link to the second trigger and see if the mortar fires (remember to account for travel time when testing). Continue with one of the following:

A - It does fire: Change the second trigger to remove the ammo of the mortar. To do this give the mortar a variable name and set the 2nd trigger's on Act to:

magazines mortarNameHere apply {mortarNameHere removeMagazine _x};

B - It doesn't fire: Your mortar likely can't find a valid firing solution, either it's too close or too far or the mortar is on too uneven ground. Range is about 50m to 4km for the vanilla mortar if I remember right, may be wrong though. 

Post a reply even if it's solved. Your troubleshooting might help someone else in the future. 

So,  solved my problem,but not the way I intended.

The fix is I now have the mortar man start the mission standing near the mortar but not manning it. 

The man has a hold order next to the mortar and when "T2" is activated the hold order is skipped and a "get in" order is actived, after getting in the mortar the fire mission activates and and a the countdown begins as planned. 

After the 20 seconds the timer trigger skips the fire mission waypoint and and and a get out waypoint is activated which causes the mortar to cease firing.

(strangely the man in the mortar does not dismount. although this is not a problem given my specific scenario)

• Like 3