Sign in to follow this  
Zakuaz

Flying a Kajman = CTD at some point

I've had this CTD issue on 3 different HW platforms and their respective OS installs over the last 4 or so years.

I can repeat it but not on command. It WILL CTD, sometimes in a few minutes other times in 20 minutes or even more.

Altis, Stratis, Tanoa, Werferlingen, what ever.

Make a Blufor sqd of 8 to 10 with you as leader. Zeus, set skill for your sqd to whatever you wish, #adminlogged

respawn on pos of death 5sec

Sandbox or Survival gametype

Set down an empty Kajman.

Use your preferred method of spawning some OPFOR . Trigger, Dynamic or what ever, TPW Skirmish, Spookwarcom...

Export to SP and MP

Fire it up.

2,3,4 team red, 4,5,6 team green and 8,9 team blue

Jump in the heli as pilot, order #2 to get in as gunner then order the rest to board.

ctrl R Radar on

Take off

I stay under 50 alt almost all of the time and creep around through the trees and cities using it all as cover.

find some targets

approach

hit X to auto hover

Freelook

zoom in and hit "T" to order gunner fire onto called position

rinse repeat until CTD

I've crashed with 3, 7, 16, 24 and 33 mods and I've crashed with only CBA loaded and with nothing.

I feel like it happens mostly when I'm in free look panning around and zooming in and out marking targets and the gunner is swinging the cannon around shooting then bam ctd.  it has happened on occasion as Im simply approaching an area with hostile, before I even engage or target anything and CTD.

Easiest repro for me has been to use TPW Skirmish, set to no blufor squads just 3 enemy sqds and 3 Indep sqds, indep set to hostile in the editor.

View dist at 1600, other graphics settings are dialed up a good bit, game play is fluid, no stutters or low FPS. I've turned things down -cringe- and got the same results.

I7 8700k @4.7, 32GB of DDR4 3800, 1080TI and the game is on a Samsung EVO M2 drive, OS on the other M2.

It's been a long time but IIRC its crashed on me flying the other helos as well but back then I attributed it to me running ALL the things as far as mods went lol.

I've been playing on Werferlingen the past month and had good ( well BAD) results getting it to CTD right around the city of Werferlingen...not geographically significant, it simply is a good convergence of roads the AI will migrate towards so you can get some targets ( if using TPW or Spookwarcoms surrounded).