Baguetto

Model not showing up in editor.

I have been working on getting a model to act as a prop in Arma3. I have done the modelling but i'm now having issues with the actual mod aspect. I followed a guide on how to do just that, i followed everything including making the .cpp and hpp folders. I suspect i may have messed up with the config but i'm unsure. Hours of searching the internet have yielded any results. as you can tell this is my very first attempt at doing something like this in Arma and so far it has been really difficult due to my lack of knowledge in this subject. it may be because i left some of the original code in but i don't know what it should be. And if possible could you link me to any helpful guides on this? The guide i used was

The config.cpp

#include "basicdefines_A3.hpp"
#include "config_macros_glass.hpp"
#include "cfgPatches.hpp"

class CfgVehicles
{

class House;
class House_F: House
{
    class DestructionEffects;
};
class Ruins_F;

class Mailbox: House_F
{
    scope = 2; 
    displayName = "SCP-106"; 
    model = SCP106/106p3d.p3d; // filepath
    vehicleClass = Structures; // Object in the in-game editor
    mapSize = 20.27; 
    cost = 40000;

class DestructionEffects: DestructionEffects
    {
    };
    class HitPoints 
    {
    };
    class Damage
    {
    };

class UserActions
    {
    };

};
};

For a thing to shop up in editor you might need a proper CfgPatches entry, but you didn't include your CfgPatches in the config snippet you posted here.

Also, please put big config snippets into spoiler tags.

Here is a very basic config from one of my things

Spoiler

class CfgPatchesm
    class wolf_arsenalpoint     {
        units[] = {"wolf_arsenal_point"};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Structures_F"};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
    };
};

class CfgVehicles {
    class Thing;
    class wolf_arsenal_point: Thing {
        _generalMacro         = "wolf_arsenal_point";
        scope                = 2;                                        /// makes the lamp invisible in editor
        scopeCurator        = 2;                                        /// makes the lamp visible in Zeus
        displayName            = "Arsenal Point";                    /// displayed in Editor
        model                = "\z\wolf\addons\arsenalpoint\arsenalpoint.p3d";    /// simple path to model
        vehicleClass         = "Structures";                             /// category in editor; "Structures" value is a class defined in CfgVehicleClasses
        armor                = 5000;                                        /// just some protection against missiles, collisions and explosions
    };
};