Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Hope for 02 uses

folks, i am a newbie to O2 too, just like you too, and somehow manage to use it now although not to its fullest potential yet.( thanks to folks here)

I am no ofp fanatic about to glorify BIS, but seriously, which previous game of the year company gave us players free a mission editor, let alone a dedicated 3d modeling program to build our own addon?

The best way to start is with the tutorials, created by passionate addon makers who gave us their time and efforts to help us a community to move along, freeing time for BIS to develope or upgrade the current game.

LOL! i know sometimes its frustrating when u tried and however the tutorials got u nowhere. I know cos i 've been there. Thats why we have a community here - to help others along. Its not the tutorials that are bad, hell no! they are one of the best i ever came along - snypir, brsseb, etc. Its either-

1. We did not follow exactly the instructions

2. more often then not its our computer - different OS-W95,98,98SE,Xp, Me, Linux, MacOs, hardware config - no 2 computers are ever the same and reacts different.

However and whatever the case, first try out the box tutorial b4 u attempt to open up existing models, Brsseb did a great job, for it will open up your mind to how 02 concepts work. Then if u face problems, log on here and do a search, cos whatever problem u encountered, someone else sure as hell encountered here b4.

And if u still dont understand, no worries - post your problem here. Most addon makers are passionate and friendly pple, willing to share knowledge. If u dont get reply, it could only be because:-

1. No one encountered your problem b4, thus cant offer u a solution.

2. Someone who can help have not log in yet or not free.

The theory of community is this - give the man a fish, u feed him a day, teach him how to fish and u feed him for life. In our case, the more people know how to make addons, the more addons we will have in the community, (jane's war equipment book is pretty thick) and also frees up BIS addon makers to create more complex and better AI models for us all. All the best! smile.gif