Sign in to follow this  
DarkK_47

Several Observations (New Player)

Hi all,

I am a new player to Vigor, but not new to the genre or other Bohemia games. First off - I just want to say I love this game and I was instantly a big supporter the second I started playing. I am impressed with the ambience of Vigor. It scratches this certain itch I have been looking for, for a long time. You've nailed it. The pace between encounters & your shelter is an innovative way to progress, especially with the shooting range, gathering, and other hobbies around your fort. Love it. I am please this is on Xbox only as well. This game is a diamond in the rough and I pray for its success for you all. I am happy to find out the Free-to-Play weekend went well.

A few things I have observed since started playing Vigor a week ago:

• Silver Pigeon Shotgun is dead accurate with crosshairs at lazer-like ranges. I've tested in Shooting Range and it can ping the furthest plates without fail by aligning the center crosshair.
  • Mosen Nagant will not kill at close-range with two shots to the chest. I am not sure if this is intentional or not. It could of been a fluke instance.
  • Reloading Animation (only tested for Mosen Nagant) is non-existent while aiming down the Iron-Sight.
  • Weapon Glitch (for me with the Thompson) when you aim down sights and strafe with the left thumb-stick... the gun jolts to the direction you are pointing. It will jolt, far left - center - far right without any transition animations at all. This makes it hard to walk, aim, and shoot.
  • Enabling the Climb-down ladder animation is tough to achieve at times. I feel it only works when I back into the ladder and move my cross-hairs to an odd angle. I am not sure if this was intentional or not. It makes sense for realism, but can be difficult at times which leads to falling.
  • Cannot loot crates at times. Sometimes need to be oddly positioned or a fair distance away and point at the object. Cannot stand too close.
  • On the map Grontheim Valley @ Cabin Ruins; You cannot walk into the front door. You get invisible walled out. But if you go around to the back of the house and enter through the blown in wall... you are able to leave the house through the same door. So you can Exit, but not enter through that door.

This is all I can think of at the moment. I will certainly keep an eye out for anything else. I want this game to succeed! It is rare that i'd post on a forum too. I hope I was not repetitive with any of this information. If so, I apologize & will be more research prior to posting. Feel free to reach out @ anytime!

Thanks!

Darkk_47

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words and for your feedback. Glad you are enjoying Vigor so far.

I will make sure to forward your feedback to the team.

Many of the things you mentioned are currently work in progress. We especially want to focus on polishing the gunplay as much as possible. Other than that: 

On 4/3/2019 at 2:01 AM, DarkK_47 said:

Enabling the Climb-down ladder animation is tough to achieve at times.

Was already tweaked in one of our minor updates but def will forward this as it absolutely can be even better.

Cannot loot crates at times.

WIP

On the map Grontheim Valley @ Cabin Ruins; You cannot walk into the front door.

Will forward this to our QA so we can recreate this scenario and look into this. 

Thank you so much!