Pyrit.

Get to Know - Ellen Vandenbruwaene - Producer

mwj485028pk21.thumb.png.528ac1fd93a48dbbb693888b8c31968a.png

▶ What do you do on Vigor?

I work as a producer, overseeing the production and helping wherever I can.

▶ What is your contribution to the Vigor Team?

I am currently helping with the planning for the animators for Vigor, make sure that all the wanted animations will be able to be produced on time. In the meantime, I am assisting the video production in helping with the vigor videos. When there are problems in the production between departments, my task is to try to resolve the issue by talking to the departments and come up with a solution in the benefit of the project. Rather than those things I am helping the shelter art production. As Bohemia Interactive has multiple projects and departments, my main focus during work is not 100% on Vigor, but I work with the team every day.

▶ What do you like about Vigor?

The fact that you can choose for looting or shootings. My playstyle is more to stay on the background and don’t look for confrontation with other players. And the risk of losing everything gives it a lot more excitement to try to get through the map without getting shot.

▶ What do you want to see in Vigor?

More customizations (Neko ears for example) for the characters. But otherwise I would like to see some more ways of progression in the game, we already have the shelter but maybe some items you can upgrade to help you in the matches.

▶ What do you do when you are not making Vigor?

Mostly I am wasting my time playing Black Desert Online (not proud of it but it makes me spend time with my friends and guild). But when I am not playing any games, my time goes to fitness, looking at cats and cat pictures and more things about cats, or watching anime. The plan for the future is to visit more of 'world,' small city trips, visiting friends over the continent, in general, see more of the world.

▶ Did game dev change your view on the games and how?

Working in production changed my opinion big time. The amount of time that is needed to come up with a plan that is achievable but knowing that the plan can change any second and that the whole production needs to adapt to that is such a big task and stressful. Solving problems in the production state is more difficult than anticipated but is, in the same way, more rewarding. Working in an actual ongoing production makes me realize that this is a job that is pushing my limits of challenges and taking on challenges and that I want to keep doing this.

▶  Your favorite games and why?

There are four games that I will always speak very highly of; Limbo, Inside (both by Playdead), Never alone - Kisima Inŋitchuŋa (Upper One Games) and the whole Professor Layton series (Level-5). Puzzle games, in general, is the game genre that I will always go to for games, but the puzzle-platformers that I mentioned are just the high tier of that genre, the gameplay, the looks, the music. Everything falls so perfectly together. And Professor Layton series, I played all the games, and still, they manage to combine a story with the actual puzzle solving.

▶ What's your favorite music, movie, show, book and why?

The music genre where I can find myself the most in is Metalcore, Hardcore, Thrash. Because I like this music, in general, it is tough to have some favorite bands there. Random playlist in this genre is what you will find me listening. In this genre you will see me going to concerts and festivals and even supporting these festivals, Ieperfest ( http://www.ieperfest.com ) is one of the festivals where you will find me helping! (Shameless advertisement :3)

When watching movies, I am more tempted to go towards Animated Movies. Any Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks movie I have probably seen (Except the last How to train your dragon movie, as here in the Czech Republic they only display it in Czech 😞 )

Shows like Game of Thrones and Vikings are the shows that I enjoy watching, the more severe storyline series. Otherwise, I mostly watch anime if you can consider that a series.

Books is a difficult one. As I am not such a bookworm, I don’t read that much. I used to love the books of Dirk Bracke, a Belgian author (More books for young teenagers). Other than that, some manga now and then, but in general I don't read that much. (I really should)

▶ Is there something that you want to say to our community?

Thank you for all the support and feedback that you guys provided already. Hope that after the release we can still count on your support!

▶ You are Outlander; humanity has fallen. What would you do?

Find a nice shelter and try not to move too much. Avoid all confrontation with other outlanders and try to find loot to survive. And see some activity to keep me busy. But really, I hope this never happens as I have no idea how I would approach this not to die.

Bonus Question (From Alex )

▶ If there is anywhere in the world you would like to visit, where would it be and why?

I want to visit at least each continent once, but the top place I want to visit is Japan. Tokyo as well as the smaller cities. It is a country that has always interested me. The culture, the food, the people, just everything from Japan looks like a dream. And to see the difference between busy Tokyo and the calm nature in Japan. One day ❤️

• Like 1