Sign in to follow this  
Oldninja

Hits not registering

It's been mentioned before, and it's just happened to me. I know I hit the player many times as he exited a building, and as he ran down the centre of the building to exit, I couldn't really miss.

Yet no effect he just ran off. I was that close I could see there was no blood effect on him, confirming that non of my hits registered.

Happened again @16.15 GMT today. 

Moved towards the drop zone and took up a good position under the decking adjacent to the top right exit at Fisk (next to the under decking walkway some use the get off the map a little more covertly). The drop landed on the very next decking, slightly beyond the far edge of the building on the deck. I watched the player take the drop and start to head my way. Before the player got to jump the rail and into my sights, he was attacked by another player. I let them resolve their encounter, which the player with the drop won. The player reversed his route and went anti clockwise around the building to the position of the player he'd despatched to take his loot and equipment. At this point the player was directly in my sights and I ended up emptying my magazine into him (72 rounds in two bursts). No effect, and the way the player behaved it was as though he hadn't even heard, let alone felt my barrage. The player calmly moved around the building to use the traditional exit down the steps left the match. 

Not sure why this should happen. My observation is that maybe in certain places, the game mechanics assume that in the design of some structures which have spaces below them, the solid wall of the building above continues into the ground below. And although it is not visible, bullets might not be passing, but players can.

There was no red sight to indicate an obstacle, as is normal when there is an obstacle between yourself and a target, so I assume there is some conflict in either the design of structures or the coding.

I have no idea how you plan and prepare your test scripts in relation to your URS and FS, but I would certainly recommend some additional testing in and around a reasonable sample of structures on the maps, to determine if there is a pattern to my observation, or if the problem lies elsewhere.