Sign in to follow this  
JOHN007

SMD Sahrani Map wont spawn Sahrani Civilians?

Hello.

We have tried to dynamically spawn Sahrani Civilians on the brilliant SMD Sahrani map but for some strange reason, it will only spawn Chernarus Civilians?

Normally you can change the civilian faction to whichever you wish by editing the module, we can successfully change the civ faction for other maps but this one seems to be locked with Cherno civs? It looks really bad seeing people wearing coats and wooly hats in a jungle.

switch toLower(worldName) do {
	case "smd_sahrani_a2": {
                BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["trafficDistance",1200]; // default 500
                BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["spawnDistance",800]; // default 400
		BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["ALICE_townsize",800]; // default 266.667
		BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["civilianCount","round (2 * (sqrt %1))"]; // default round (4 * (sqrt %1))
                // Add some rare english speaking civilians to the mix
                BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townsFaction",["KPFS_SARA_CIV","sah_civilian_faction"]];
        };
};

We tried to find any video online showing Sahrani Civilians on the map but all we can find is again, Cherno civs?

This is a link to the map which is absolutely brilliant.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22209#

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this map is excellent, just needs that finishing touch with the civilians.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

If you have not placed one of the units on the map in editor, you may need to run activateAddons command before trying to spawn the unit.

When a unit is placed on the map, the addon for that unit is automatically added to the required addons section of mission.sqm, and the activateAddons command is not needed. 

Hello Opusfmspol good to hear from you, thankyou for the reply.

Sorry I should have wrote the steps taken. Yes indeed already placed a Sahrani civilian on the map, which has the included addon in the mission.sqf, even if we load up the Sahrani map, place a civ, Blufor unit as player and load a standard 'Civilian Expansion Module' (Which should be Takistan civs) it will load up the Cherno faction? Even if I place down a Takistan civilian it will still refuse to load the faction.

If we load up for example the brilliant Lingor Island and again just place a civ, player and standard 'Civilian Module' the map loads up the Lingor civilian faction. So I tried to replicate the Lingor faction name into the script instead of the Sahrani civs and still no luck? It still loads up Cherno civs? We literally cannot make the map spawn any other civilian faction apart from the Chernarus faction. How strange?

Even tried this also, which is another Sahrani Civilian faction with included vehicles.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13900

Could it be some type of parameter set in the map itself? Could it be that the Sahrani Civilian faction needs to be Alice2 compatible? I cant see the map creators releasing such a brilliant map with included civilians and the map loads up the cherno faction? We have searched high and low for any video showing a civilian ingame, but every video we see has cherno civs?

Managed to get blufor/opfor frigates to dynamically spawn which is absolutely brilliant, even got the IL76 flying around, its such a great map.

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.

I'm thinking the issue might be from Alice getting bad returns for town demography or urban rarity?  Sent you a PM to help with debugging.

Getting Cherno civilians with OA Expansion Alice2 is really odd, its default is Takistani civilians.  Only way I could speculate it gets Cherno civilians would be having both A2 and OA Alice modules on the map, and the A2 Alice initializes after OA Alice2; the one initializing later would become BIS_alice_mainscope.

-- Edit:  Might check the "addOns" and "addOnsAuto" lists in mission.sqm.  Deleting an object in map and saving will not always remove them from the lists.

Edited by opusfmspol
new thought