Rif Al-mue

Mission failed if convoy present and task not completed

Hy, i am really new in Eden and scripting i just learn about this program yesterday, so i've been successfully create a convoy and mission (i name it task5) but i am stuck in this situation:

i want to make the task 5 failed if the task 5 still asigned but the convoy is arrived in trigger area

FYI: i set the task 5 trigger area to opfor not present if success
remember that i am really new in scripting so i am sorry before if i dont know whats your talking about thank's for your help

Well if you are working with modules you should have a create task module and a set task state module. For two possible endings for a task you can sync two set task state modules to the create task one. The set task state module should be then synced with a trigger. The one for mission complete should be with the !alive nameofconvoyvehicle and the other one should be with a trigger which will be synced with the vehicle of the convoy. Set an area for that trigger and if the vehicle gets in the trigger area it will activate the other set task state module which will fail the task.

If you are working with a script you can use the distance command:

nameofconvoyvehicle distance markerwheretheconvoyshouldgo <50;

In general I have been using modules but scripts are indeed a better way. They have their cons but they remain better. That is why I am remaking my campaign missions. One of the major changes is module tasks turned to script ones.

Oh and there are many tutorials out there, so you might be able to find your answers on you-tube for this or for any other troubling of yours. If there is nothing there then ... forums!

• Like 3

Just now, JohnKalo said:

Well if you are working with modules you should have a create task module and a set task state module. For two possible endings for a task you can sync two set task state modules to the create task one. The set task state module should be then synced with a trigger. The one for mission complete should be with the !alive nameofconvoyvehicle and the other one should be with a trigger which will be synced with the vehicle of the convoy. Set an area for that trigger and if the vehicle gets in the trigger area it will activate the other set task state module which will fail the task.

If you are working with a script you can use the distance command:

nameofconvoyvehicle distance markerwheretheconvoyshouldgo <50;

In general I have been using modules but scripts are indeed a better way. They have their cons but they remain better. That is why I am remaking my campaign missions. One of the major changes is module tasks turned to script ones.

Oh and there are many tutorials out there, so you might be able to find your answers on you-tube for this or for any other troubling of yours. If there is nothing there then ... forums!

Thanks mate i apreciate your reply would try tomorrow! cheers

• Like 1