theCB

New SLI now crash when GPU mem gets to 100%

HI, I just got a second GTX 1080 SC exactly the same as my first one and have sli'd them.

I have this app that connects to my computer via my phone that monitors system stats like core usage and gpu usage. Well i've noticed that when I'm playing Arma 3 the gpu memeory slowly and steady rises while playing until it reaches about 98% usage and then the game crashes. My GPU memory never goes down it just slowly rises. I've noticed on other games the GPU mem goes up and down as needed and never causes the game to crash. Does anyone know what could be causing this? It seems to be only and Arma 3 issue and it only seems to have started when I got an SLI.

I'll provide more info if needed.

Thanks

SLI doesn't work all that great in Arma last time I checked a few years ago. If anything, I saw more performance hits on SLI then I did a single card back when I had 970s in SLI. I don't know if SLI scaling has been improved, but you're more likely to get better FPS, performance, and stability by using only one GPU, overclocking it, and maybe overclocking your CPU. You also have to remember, in SLI, both cards have the same cloned information on the VRAM, so SLI isn't going to magically allow double your render distance or framerate, just because you have 8 more GB of VRAM. You could try installing Nvidia Inspect and try forcing AFR/AFR2 or other variations of SLI, but this will won't really help much since the engine is already poorly optimized for SLI. You might need to start Arma with these commands as well, specifically the "-maxVRAM" which should help artificially limit the VRAM allocated to ARMA see if that helps, worst case scenario, disable a GPU for Arma in the Nvidia Control Panel "programs" list.

-maxVRAM=7168  -maxMem=12288 -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7 -malloc=malloc=tbb4malloc_bi_x64