Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

Hidden agenda; redhammer

Yes, i search the forum for this problem, and no result. I (finally) finished REDHAMMER today as i was to busy with other things. Great game. But in the last mission (hidden agenda) it has a bug. When i place the three bombs, blow things up and call in for reinforcements, the two officers get together. Now i can shoot them and make a quick getaway with the boat and i finish the game. But when i want to take the two officers with me, the game crashes. I walk to them and i get a cutscene where Dmitri says: DROP YOUR WEAPONS AND FOLLOW ME. Then suddenly i am in WinXP.

My specs are as follow:

AMD Athlon XP 2200+

Amd K7 ultra 2 DDR MB

512 MB DDRAM

onboard crappy soundcard

GF4Ti 4600 ultra

and a nice logitech mouse

I own the original Flashpoint CWC, with it's two addons REDHAMMER and RESISTANCE. I was to lazy to patch stuff all the time, so i also bought FLASHPOINT GOTY. So now i have two of them smile.gif

I tried it with version 1.85, and 1.90 on both Redhammers and still crashie crashie. Has anyone else had this?

BTW, Thanks AVON. When i was stuck in the mission occupation in Resistance, i got it done with your OFP FAQ. There was a BMP stuck behind a mountain smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Dec. 14 2002,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your welcome. smile.gif

Does your Flashpoint.rpt file have a report on the crash? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif no, i cannot find this file. I searched and couldn't locate it, so it's probably not there. I tried the game again to see if there would be a different ending when i got the two officers alive but the game crashes as soon as Dmitri finishes his sentence. BUMMER

Help me Avon Lady!

Yes, thank God! This is the exact problem I have. It crashes to the desktop

in the EXACT spot you have described. My system stats are as follows:

Windows 2000 Professional SP3

AMD Athlon XP 1800+

Gigabyte G7VAX Motherboard based on VIA KT-400 Chipset

512 MB PC 2700 DDR RAM

Radeon 9000 Pro

Sound Blaster Live 5.1

Swapfile 800 MB

DirectX 9.0

GOTY 1.91

All drivers are up-to-date, all patches, upgrades, service packs applied. I

have never had any kind of problem with OpFlash in any way at all

previously.

I am A+ and Microsoft Certified, so I doubt there is any kind of hardware

conflict. I have found no error report.

Please note that this is the last mission of the campaign. I believe it

leads to one of three possible endings to the game. I have completed the

mission in the other two possible ways, and viewed the ending cinematics.

Justin Livitski

Thunder Bay, ON

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bulbous @ 29 April 2003,22:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All drivers are up-to-date<span id='postcolor'>

For VIA chipset, too?

Also, what if you remove all unofficial addons from your \Addons and \RES\Addons folders? Still crashes?

I am using VIA Hyperion 4in1 version 4.46, released 10 March 2003.

I have removed all unofficial add-ons from the \Addons and \Res\Addons folders.

There has been no change in the problem. It starts the cutscene, says "You two, stay where you are and give me your weapons", and then dumps to desktop.

I had this problem too, but I just needed to restart. smile.gif

Perhaps there are a bug with the mission... confused.gif

I restarted this mission THREE TIMES, and it just crashed to the desktop, so I decided just to shoot them and bugger off in the boat...

Why is Red Hammer so damn buggy.....

Shooting those officers leads to a different (not as heroic!wink.gif ending sequence than capturing them. It's possible to complete the mission that way (or worse, having the Americans capture the officers), but you get less points, and I think a different cutscene at the end, too.

I just received this letter from BIS Support, and I must admit that it ticks me off:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Justin,

please, contact Codemasters who developed Red Hammer campaing. We are not

able to help you with it. Thank you.

With the best regards Robert Stipek

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's just deny responsibility for the whole issue, shall we?