Tennis30

Increase the explosion of a nuke for a mission

Good evening to you,   

For a while ,plan to make a mission (for my personal use) or I would explode in the end a nuclear bomb.After several research I chose this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29401

I have therefore tested previously and the range of this bomb seemed small to me. So I did my little research beforehand but I found no answer on this subject. To recapitulate I would have greatly increased the explosion of the bomb. If you can tell me how i can do that, I would be delighted ^^??

In addition I wish indroduce me in the area of the script / modding but if I know that this area remains very complex ,but as I love the challenges why not throw me.

I use a lot the mod USAF which is for me a marvel notably with  the b2 spirit including its nuclear bombs, but I told myself that as it is a big mod would be more difficult to modify this parameter so I went to easier.

But If you know how to do it too for this mod ,I'm interested in.

Thank you ^^

(I want to apologize for the big language mistakes because I am not English)

I dug into the mods code a bit, from what I can tell this is how the mods author destroys things:

["_bomb",500,42] call BIS_fnc_destroyCity;

He's using BIS_fnc_destroyCity, the 500 you see is the range around "_bomb" buildings will get destroyed.  It's a given number and not a variable so I don't think the mod author has build anything into his mod to allow for a larger blast radius.  

You could just change the source code of the mod and recompile it but keep in mind that you cannot redistribute that mod then.  And seeing how the mod has been deleted from the steam workshop I don't think the mod author will be reachable for either questions about the license nor for asking him to tweak his mod. 

Thanks for your answer.

So I can not do anything to those level? Why not then create a nuclear bomb that I would make myself from A to Z.Do you think that it will be complicated to do? In addition, as I told you, I would like to go into this environment, that would be my first step.

I've never made a nuclear bomb myself so I wouldn't know how difficult it is.  And if you want to learn SQF I suggest watching some tutorials on youtube, that's how I learned it :)

Ok,tutorials about scripting in general or on scripting on arma 3?

For what i would like to do, is it scripting or modding?

1 minute ago, Tennis30 said:

Ok,tutorials about scripting in general or on scripting on arma 3?

For what i would like to do, is it scripting or modding?

Well you're always gonna have to learn a specific syntax so I guess you should learn SQF?  Otherwise you can't really use any of what you learned in arma.  And any mod will use scripts.