Sign in to follow this  
ezremake

JiP Queue and Entities piling up...

I've been noticing a huge amount of 'Server: Object not found' errors in my server's RPT and did some digging into my JiP Queue and it seems like there is a huge amount of information that just isn't being removed. Most functions claim to removed themselves from the JiP queue when the objects they are bound to become null, but my #exportJIPqueue log is proving otherwise.

Particularly, I'm noticing a ton of supply crate objects and vehicles, and the items that are going inside of them. It's looking like addMagazineCargoGlobal and the other CargoGlobal commands aren't removing themselves from the JipQueue when their containers become null. I've tried using all of the clearCargoGlobal functions, as well as making sure the owner of the object is the server, before deleting. This seems to be making no difference at all.

I'm noticing as well, that in my logEntities log, there are thousands of these supply crates under the 'out vehicles' section, all which claim to be simulated and located at [0,0,0]. I am assuming these are the same null objects that are being held in the JIPQueue?

How do I go about cleaning out the JIPQueue and deleting these objects properly? All vehicles and units are created server side, and they are deleted server side, so I have no idea why this would be an issue.

memory leak built into the game, nothing you can do about it

years ago i worked on “durable MP sessions” to reduce server restart frequency, and went through all this stuff. concluded its not possible to have a 50 player battle which can last 24hr without server restart

• Like 3

Definitely appears long uptime persistence is not this game's strong suite. I suppose that's ok though once you realize that, just going to need a new approach to a few things.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 2