MorphineBP

Help needed against Ban evading

Hey guys,

I'm working with some admins on servers hosting the mod Breaking Point (not dead yet).

Since a few months, we have to struggle against a group of players constantly ban evading with new or other old steam accounts, sometimes coming back just a few days after. Always the same people, always the same abuses.

Is there any way to identify them quickly or event prevent them to come back endlessly ?

There is a limitation : we can't afford a whitelisting

I'm sure some of you will have good ideas.

A shame that coming back with new arma 3 accounts looks so easy for them.

why aren't you banning them through battleye ?

That way they need to buy another ArmA3 game from steam, win win for all of us

failing that ban their IP directly on the server firewall or route their incoming connection to a null point, which will confuse the hell out of them

I'm banning with BE of course. By steam account, I'm reffering to their Arma 3 game (sry if it was not clear). But each time they have another copy of the game and come back. 

The "need to buy another copy" is quite naive I'm afraid, there are ways to obtain for free Arma 3, and I think they know it (or they've spent a LOT already).

I will take a try on the IP thing, but they will know how to overcome that (it's easy).

No more ideas ?

Have you checked their IP's are they hiding behind a  proxy or connecting direct via their ISP:

If they are NOT using a proxy, i would suggest null routing them across the board, eg web server, game server etc, they most likely will never figure out why they can no longer connect or wont spend the time trying to figure it out.

Alternatively ignore them, its probably your reaction to what they are doing that makes them come back, eventually they will get bored and move on