Sign in to follow this  
CrosseyedSniper

Problem in multiplayer

Hi all, I'm having some trouble with my Flashpoint game. I have done this before with no problems, but I have recently installed a new Hard Drive and reinstalled the game, and am patched up to v1.46. When I try to create a new multiplayer game, I don't show up in my Players window, and I don't see myself in the Pool window either, so I can't select myself to play games. A friend of mine joined me and he could see his name there and select it for a team, but I don't even see the team windows. I am hoping that there is something simple I can do to fix this problem. Please let me know if you've heard of this before...

Thanks,

Shawn

I am having the same issue. I try to host a multiplayer game and it dosen't seem to create the client for the local machine.

I am not in the pool of players. Others can join and they seem to have control of the server as if it were a dedicated server?

confused.gif ...GYS-DOA

I am now able to host and play in a non-dedicated servers in resistance only.

I have Resistance, but uninstalled it to try and just install the original game (My buddy I play with doesn't have resistance) so we could play. I'll try reinstalling resistance with the latest version and see if that does anything.

Thanks.

Ok, I reinstalled Resistance and the 1.90 patch, and I can now see my player name when creating a multiplayer game, but can someone that doesn't have resistance connect to me now? If I try running the original version of Flashpoint, it's even worse now, all of the maps don't display either, it's all blank now... What's going on here??? sad.gif

When I open Resistance I can start a MP game and I show up in the pool of players, when I start Flashpoint 1.46 I do not show up in the pool of players. There is some line wrong in a config file somewhere that is keeping us stuck on dedicated server or something that prevents a local client from joining when we run flashpoint MP. I have uninstalled and reinstalled completely and get the same issue? The uninstall leaves a lot of stuff in the registry. That must carry over to the next install.  TIA for any help anyone can offer...DOA

I can install OFP on any other machine on my LAN and it works fine, I can copy the game folder from one machine to the other not doing an official install and they work fine. It has to be something in a cfg file, the registry an ini file a setting somewhere that is causing this issue on a particular machine. I guess I can wipe the hard drive and reload from the OS up. sad.gif

I find it hard to believe we are the only two people having this issue. I will keep you posted as I get time to rebuild my main machine...DOA

doa...same happening ot me and a friend of mine.

Read "Can't Connect"....its the post beneath this one as of right now, where I posted my story and problem.

This is a duplicate issue. It is also working in the thread

"Cant connect To online games"   in this same forum.

I connect in OFP multiplayer hosts, I show up in the pool of players and all is right with the world again.

I am going for the Maximum message length in characters: 76800...here goes...

On my problem machine I dual boot Windows ME, for backwards compatibility with some older software, and Windows 2000 for my main operating system. (Don't worry, I have XP on another box, I must support a Windows 2000 environment at work.)

I have Windows 2000 and frequently used applications installed on my D: partition. Nothing else. I get the OS and applications tweaked, then I image D: so I can restore it quickly.  I created this image about three months ago when I added a hard drive to this machine.

After the image was created I installed all games and simulations (like Flashpoint) on my E: or F: partitions, while booted into Windows 2000.

Tonight, after backing up my current data, I booted into WindowsME, which is on my C: partition. I then dropped a fresh Windows 2000 image onto my D: partition. This completely wipes out anything that existed on my D: drive. My current operating system and applications on the D: partition is replaced totally with the three-month-old D: image.

This effectively rolled me back in time about three months to the point where I built this Win2k image, a point before I had installed Flashpoint or any simulations. (I haven’t updated any drivers since creating this image)

It booted properly and I have not restored any backed up DATA from my recent Win2k profile. (Email, favorites, cookies, My Documents, Quicken data, etc.)

I navigated to my F: drive, to my Operationflashpoint folder (untouched by this re-image). I started the game with OPERATIONFLASHPOINT.EXE, (v1.46) I started a new MP game and I connected properly, I show up in the pool of players and all is right with the world again. *sigh* A Resistance MP host works as it always has.

I am afraid all this tells us is that my problem was not in my Operationflashpoint folder but somewhere on my operating system partition.  

Next I will do a complete install of OFP/Resistance to get the proper registry hacks on my newly imaged, totally clean operating system and I will restore my current personal data. If this issue pops up again at any point in this process I will post it here in painful detail.

The issue of uninstalls and reinstalls (to a different location?)has come up in several threads I am following/posted in the TROUBLE SHOOTING and in MULTIPLAYER Forums. I did uninstall and re-install OFP a month or so ago, when I moved all my FPS games to the F: partition. If I had to guess, and I do, I would guess that the original install puts something in the registry or on the OS root drive that is not friendly to the reinstall, and not easy to find. (A pitiful guess)

I have a few addons; but, not the infamous digital grenade. None of them write anything to the registry, and they are all still in my game folder which is now functioning properly.

The last thing I installed was the stand-alone dedicated servers. Could running the dedicated servers do this? (another pitiful guess).

Could a re-install trigger FADE? (a really pitiful guess)

I hope this somehow helps to resolve this issue. Good luck people…DOA

I built my current OFP game folder as follows:

Official BIS-Codemasters:

Operation Flashpoint Gold Edition -  OFP CD (V1.20)

Gold Upgrade CD  (upgrades to 1.30 and Red Hammer)

Patch to v1.46

OFP Dedicated server v1.46

Resistance

Patch to v1.85

patch to v1.90

Dedicated server v1.90

Unofficial:

Between the Lines (X Media Publishing)

Planet of War (X Media Publishing)

CAF monster truck addon

A few Planes

A few soldier units

I am just begining to download addons

No custom sounds yet

(All of these are still in my now functioning game folder)

I got this email from a guy that can't get hooked up to post. I know nothing about this. Directx closes ports?

I am posting this to see if it may be useful But again I know nothing about this...DOA

FROM THE EMAIL:

Hi,

Im kinda new at this posting stuff, and not a complete tech wiz, but I had the same problem. I finally got it to show my name in the pool. Maybe you can post this if it works for you. I cant seem to post.

Startup OFP and click multiplayer. Then click port and change the number to 2302. Then click NEW to host and you should show up.

It seems like directx 8.2 blocks out ports below 2300 and above 2400. It ended up being a Microsoft thing.

END of EMAIL